Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for slow-cooker chicken tortilla soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best slow-cooker chicken tortilla soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to slow-cooker chicken tortilla soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Nutritious Fast Food.
Almost each and every “get healthy” and “weight loss” posting you study will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. There’s some value to that. But sometimes the last thing you would like to do is put together a whole dinner for yourself and your family. Sometimes just about all you desperately want is to go to the drive through and get home as quickly as possible. There is zero reason that you simply shouldn’t be able to do that once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. This may be possible because lots of the popular fast food spots are attempting to make their menus better now. Here is how to eat healthy when you hit the drive through.
Visit a drive through in a place who has made it a practice to offer healthier options to people. Arby’s by way of example, isn’t going to provide burgers. Instead you’ll be able to pick from roast beef sandwiches, salads, wraps and various healthier items. While Wendy’s has made hamburgers for decades, they also have a lot of other healthy options like salads, baked potatoes and chili. Not many fast food places are as unhealthy as McDonalds with its deep fried everything.
Standard logic tells us that one positive way to get healthy and shed pounds is to drop the drive through and to banish fast food restaurants from your thoughts. Most of the time this is a good plan but if you make beneficial choices, there’s no reason you can’t visit your drive through from time to time. Sometimes the thing you need is to let another person produce your dinner. When you select healthy menu items, you do not have to feel bad about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to slow-cooker chicken tortilla soup recipe. You can have slow-cooker chicken tortilla soup using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make slow-cooker chicken tortilla soup:
- Provide 1 onion
- Provide 4 chicken breast (frozen)
- Prepare 2 clove garlic (minced)
- Use 2 can chopped mild green chile peppers (4oz)
- You need 1 can diced tomatoes (15oz)
- You need 1 can mild red enchillada sauce (15oz)
- Provide 1 tsp each cumin, chili powder, salt
- Get 1⁄4 tsp pepper
- Get 1 bay leaf
- Use 1 packages frozen corn (10oz)
- Take 1 bunch cilantro (chopped)
- Prepare 1 lime wedges, shredded Parmesan cheese, sour cream, avocado slices, tortilla chips for serving
Steps to make slow-cooker chicken tortilla soup:
- place the chopped onion in the bottom of the slow cooker
- Layer the frozen chicken breast on top
- Add the diced tomatoes and their juice, green chiles, enchilada sauce, garlic, chicken broth, spices, and bay leaf
- cook on low for 6 to 8 hours
- remove bay leaf
- remove chicken to a plate and shred with two forks. Return to slow cooker.
- Stir in corn, and continue to heat until corn is hot
- Add a handful of chopped cilantro
- serve with a squeeze of fresh lime juice, shredded parmesan cheese, sour cream, avocado and tortilla chips for satisfying meal in a bowl
If you find this slow-cooker chicken tortilla soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.