Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Pan Mee Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Pan Mee Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pan Mee Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Fine For You.
Almost every single article about reducing your weight and getting healthy informs readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague and to carry out all of their own cooking. There’s some value to this. Sometimes, though, the last thing you need is to have to prepare an evening meal from scratch. Once in a while you need to visit the drive through while you’re on your way home and complete the day. There is no reason that you shouldn’t be able to make it happen once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. This is because a lot of the well-known fast food restaurants around are trying to “healthy up” their menus. Here’s how you’ll be able to eat healthfully when you’re at a fast food place.
Aim toward the side dishes. It wasn’t that long ago that French Fries were your sole side dish selection at a restaurant. Now many of the fast food selections have been widened considerably. Now lots of them offer salads. You can get chili. Baked potatoes can even be ordered. You could possibly get fruit. There are a lot of possibilities that don’t involve eating something deep fried. When you order your supper through a drive through window, select side dishes instead of just grabbing something premade. This helps you keep the calorie count low and lessen your fat intake.
Logic states that that one the easiest way to stay healthy is to sidestep the drive through and never eat fast food. While, usually, this is a good strategy, if you make sensible choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Occasionally, permitting someone else cook dinner is just the thing you need. There isn’t any reason to feel terrible about visiting the drive through when you make healthy decisions!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to pan mee soup recipe. You can cook pan mee soup using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Pan Mee Soup:
- Use 500 g minced meat
- Prepare 1⁄2 cup minced garlic
- Get 1⁄4 cup dried chilies, sliced or chopped (if using flakes, try to find some with less seeds and more chili pieces)
- Take 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- Get 1⁄2 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms (preferably dried & soaked overnight. Reserve soaking liquid)
- Prepare 1⁄2 cup dried anchovies (I prefer to grind up the anchovies using a food processor. If not available, you can replace it with some fried bacon. Please adjust salt content accordingly)
- Provide 2 cups pucuk manis (can be substituted with baby/round spinach)
- Get 2 anchovy/fish bouillon cubes
- Take 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- Use To taste soy sauce
- Get To taste salt
- Use To taste white pepper
- Take To taste sugar
- You need Optional: eggs/tofu
- Use Egg/rice noodles
Instructions to make Pan Mee Soup:
- Heat 2-3 tbsp of the oil in a soup pot. Stir fry 2 tbsp of garlic until fragrant then add the minced meat and 1⁄2 the anchovies. Sauté until cooked then add the mushrooms. Cook for 5-6 minutes until the meat is slightly browned. Season well with soy sauce and white pepper. You can add a few tablespoons of water/the soaking liquid from the mushrooms if it gets too dry. Remove all but 1⁄4 cup of the mixture and set aside.
- In the pot with the remaining 1⁄4 cup of the mixture, add the bouillon cubes & 6 cups of water (you can also use the mushroom soaking liquid & top up water to get 6 cups). Allow the water to come to a boil and add spinach / pucuk manis. Cook for a few minutes until the color changes to a darker green, then turn off the heat and season the soup.
- In a separate pan, heat the remaining oil. It’s ok if it seems like a lot. Once hot,sauté onions and remaining anchovies and garlic until browned and slightly crispy. Add chili and sauté for a few minutes. Be prepared for the chili to make you cough! Season with soy sauce/salt/white pepper and sugar, if desired.
- To serve SOUP VERSION: you can either boil all the noodles in a separate pot and eat all immediately or ladle some of the soup into a separate smaller pot and boil them in individual servings. Boil the noodles in the soup and add an egg/some tofu to poach in once the noodles are almost done. Ladle the minced meat/chili on top as desired
- To serve DRY version: boil the noodles separately and once cooked, immediately mix with the toppings - minced meat & chili. You can poach an egg and add it on top
If you find this Pan Mee Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.