Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Vidalia French Onion Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vidalia French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vidalia French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Why Are Apples So Beneficial Pertaining To Your Health.
Every person has heard the words “an apple a day will keep the doctor away”, however the question is, is this really a true statement. This is something that many individuals live by and they also ensure their children are eating at least one apple a day. This particular thought can be found in country’s all around the world and people follow it as gospel with out ever discovering why they should eat an apple a day. In this article we are going to be examining apples to see if they really are a food that will help to keep you healthy.
At this point we are going to explain to you why these minerals and vitamins are key to good health. Well to start with there have been a lot of studies done that report that eating apples can reduce the risk of various cancers. And on the particular list of cancers in which apples can help defend against is colon cancer and even lung cancer. I don’t know about you but when I read that I went out and bought an entire bag of apples.
I hope I have revealed some information that defined why apples are so healthy for you. In this post we just discussed several of the benefits of eating an apple a day. All the benefits would take us to much time to include in this article, nevertheless the information is out there. I am hoping that the next time you go to the food store you end up getting plenty of apples. These apples could end up helping you to live a longer as well as healthier life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to vidalia french onion soup recipe. To cook vidalia french onion soup you need 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Vidalia French Onion Soup:
- Take 1 1⁄2 pounds Vidalia onion – sliced paper thin
- Take 2 ounces butter
- Provide 50 ounces Beef stock- *(note be careful some store brands are very high in salt and as you cook it down it may get salty)
- Prepare 4 ounces dry sherry wine (*optional see note at bottom)
- Get 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- Get 1 tablespoon sugar
- Take 4 slices toasted French bread slices or any bread you like:)
- Get 4 slices Swiss cheese
- Take Salt and pepper – to taste at the end of the cooking process
Steps to make Vidalia French Onion Soup:
- For french bread, slice 4 pieces a 1⁄2 inch thick brush with olive oil and place on a sheet pan in a 350 degree oven until golden brown and delicious.
- In a 3 qt sauce pot/pan,Saute the onions in the butter over low to moderate heat. Carefully caramelize the onions thoroughly without burning.
- Deglaze the pan with 6 ounces (250 milliliters) of the beef stock. Cook until all the stock has gone and the browning continues.
- Repeat this process until the onions are a very dark, evenly brown.about three times. (* optional sherry wine add now)
- Add the remaining beef stock and thyme and sugar
- Bring to a simmer and cook 20 minutes to develop flavor. Adjust the seasonings.
- Serve in oven proof bowls. Fill the bowl 85% of the way. Top each portion with a slice of toasted French bread and a slice of Swiss cheese. Place under the broiler until the cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- We are a high school so Sherry Wine is frowned upon:( This recipe comes out great without sherry. That being said adding 4 ounces of dry sherry just before you add the remaining stock does add some extra flavor
If you find this Vidalia French Onion Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.