Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Mike's Southwestern Chicken Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Southwestern Chicken Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Here Are Several Simple Reasons Why Eating Apples Is Good.
I am sure you’ve heard that you ought to be eating an apple a day but did you ever ask yourself why this is actually important? You might know men and women that live by this and also require that their children live by this guideline as well. This specific thought can be found in country’s all around the world and people follow it as gospel with out ever discovering why they should eat an apple a day. In our research we have discovered why you are told to eat an apple a day and we will be revealing that with you here.
Now the question becomes, why are these types of vitamins and minerals so important? As I am confident you know, research is being done all the time and there have been studies that have been done that clearly show that apples can reduce some cancer risks. And on the list of cancers that apples can help reduce the chances of is colon cancer and even lung cancer. I’m not sure about you however, when I read that I went out and got an entire bag of apples.
And now you know why men and women tell you that you ought to eat an apple every day. The one thing you should understand is that we only mentioned a handful of the benefits of eating apples. All the benefits would take us too much time to include in this article, but the information is out there. When you go shopping again, be sure to buy quite a few apples, their in the produce department. It can truly help your health for short term as well as for the long haul.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's southwestern chicken soup recipe. To make mike's southwestern chicken soup you only need 20 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Mike's Southwestern Chicken Soup:
- Use 2 Pounds Chicken Breasts, Strips Or Rotisserie [shredded]
- Provide 5 (14 oz) Cans Chicken Broth
- Prepare 1 tbsp Maggi Chicken Bullion
- Prepare 4 (4 oz) Hatch Green Chilies [reserve 2 for finish]
- Take 2 LG Jalapeños [chopped]
- Get 1 Bunch Cilantro [no stems]
- Take 1 LG Viadailla Onion [chopped]
- Provide 1⁄2 LG Green Bell Pepper [chopped]
- Use 7 Cloves Fresh Garlic [left whole]
- Take 2 Stalks Celery [chopped]
- Use 1⁄2 tbsp Cayenne Pepper
- You need 1 EX LG Tomato [or 2 small]
- Get 1⁄2 tbsp Black Pepper
- Provide 1 Small Red Onion [for garnish]
- Prepare 1 (8 oz) Hunts Tomato Sauce
- Use 1 Pound Potatos [peeled and diced]
- Get ● For The Options & Sides
- Get as needed LG Egg Noodles
- Prepare Fresh Warmed Flour Tortillas
- Provide Fresh French Bread
Steps to make Mike's Southwestern Chicken Soup:
- Add 5 cans chicken broth, 1 tbsp Cumin and 2 cans Hatch Green Chilies to your rinsed and fat trimmed chicken.
- Boil chicken in seasoned broth for 30 minutes.
- Rough chop your vegetables.
- Add your chopped vegetables to your broth.
- Maggi makes one of the best chicken bouillon powders out there and is most commonly used in Mexican cooking.
- Add your 8 oz tomato sauce, 1 tbsp Maggi, 1⁄2 tbsp Black Pepper and 1⁄2 tbsp Cayenne Pepper.
- Mix and simmer on high for 20 more minutes. Try slightly shredding your chicken while it's in the pot with forks. It should shread apart pretty easy for you. If not, it should do it on its own.
- At this point, you can add noodles or small potato cubes. If opting for noodles, boil them separately as per manufactures directions. Then, add to your soup. Otherwise you'll end up with a starchy, murky, gross looking broth. If it's potatoes you want, just throw them in your simmering soup with your vegetables for 20 minutes or, until they're softened. Also, add your remaining 2 4 oz cans of Hatch Green Chilies and a good handful of fresh cilantro leaves just prior to serving. You'll definitely want this layered effect.
- I always serve this with fresh lime wedges, green tabasco, warmed flour tortillas or, absorbent French bread.
- Serve piping hot. Garnish with red onions and fresh cilantro. [sorry. the old boy forgot his red onion garnish] Anyway, I hope you and yours enjoy this dish!
If you find this Mike's Southwestern Chicken Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.