Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Healthful Fast Food.
Just about every article you read about improving your health or slimming down is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. This is actually very true. Once in a while, though, you definitely do not want to make an entire meal for your family or even just for yourself. Sometimes almost all you want is to go to the drive through and get home as soon as possible. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be allowed to do this and not be tormented by guilt about slipping on your diet. This is because a lot of the well-known fast food restaurants around are trying to “healthy up” their selections. Here is how you can eat healthy when you reach the drive through.
Visit a drive through in a place who has made it a practice to offer healthier options to people. Arby’s for example, does not offer burgers. Instead, the choices consist of roast beef and chicken sandwiches, wraps and big salads. Wendy’s, of course, is known for its square burgers, nevertheless the menu there has lots of healthy choices like salad, potatoes and chili. Most fast food restaurants do not stoop to the poor lows seen at McDonalds.
Standard logic tells us that one certain way to get healthy and lose weight is to drop the drive through and to banish fast food restaurants from your thoughts. While, in most cases, this is a good idea, if you make intelligent choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Sometimes what you need is to let another person make your dinner. There isn’t any reason to feel bad about going to the drive through when you make healthful decisions!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken tortilla soup recipe. You can have chicken tortilla soup using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Use 1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
- Provide 1 Onion, diced
- You need 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- Provide 2 Teaspoons Cumin
- Provide 2 Teaspoons Oregano
- Get 1 Teaspoon Salt
- Prepare 45 Oz. Cannellini Beans
- Get 20 Oz. Diced Tomatoes w/ Habaneros
- Take 15 Oz. Cream of Corn
- Provide 15 Oz. Whole Kernel Corn
- Prepare 15 Oz. Black Beans
- You need 8 Chicken Thighs, shredded (or 2 breasts)
- Provide 1⁄2 Teaspoon Lime Juice
- Use 1 Bag Blue Corn Tortilla chips
- Prepare 2 Habanero peppers, diced
Steps to make Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Heat canola oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Add chicken(cut into strips or cubes). Add cumin, oregano, and salt. Cover, let cook till chicken is browned on both sides, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, take 30 Oz. of your cannellini beans and puree until smooth. Don't drain out the liquid!
- In a crockpot, add the pureed beans, remaining cannellini beans, diced tomatoes, habaneros, cream of corn, whole kernel corn, and black beans..
- Take chicken and shred it finely. Then add to pot. Turn on low, cook for 6-8 hours.
- Add lime juice, season to taste. Crush some tortilla chips as a topping
If you find this Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.