Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect French Onion Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Deciding on Healthy Fast Food.
Almost every single article about reducing your weight and getting healthy explains readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague as well as to do all of their own cooking. There’s some benefit to that. Sometimes, though, the last thing you choose is to have to make meals from scratch. Sometimes almost all you want is to go to the drive through and get home as soon as possible. Why shouldn’t you have the ability to do this every so often and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet? This is because most popular fast food restaurants around are trying to “healthy up” their menus. Here is how one can find healthy food choices at the drive through.
Your beverage should be water or juice or milk. Choosing a large soda as your beverage contributes hundreds of poor calories to your meal. A solitary serving of soda is commonly thought to be eight ounces. That portion may contain numerous spoonfuls of sugar in addition to at least a hundred calories. A fast food soft drink is typically a minimum of twenty ounces. Generally, though, they may be 30 ounces. This means that just ordering a soft drink will add cupfulls of sugar and thousands of empty calories to your diet program. Milk, fruit juices and also plain water are more healthy selections.
Basic reason states that the best way to lose fat and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet altogether. While this is usually a good idea all you need to do is make a few good decisions and traveling to the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. At times what you require most is just to have somebody else do the cooking. There isn’t any reason to feel bad about visiting the drive through when you make healthful decisions!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. To cook french onion soup you need 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make French Onion Soup:
- Use 5 large yellow onions, sliced
- Take 6 tablespoons salted butter
- Prepare 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Use 2 tablespoons worchestershire sauce
- You need 2 cans (48 oz) each) beef broth, or 1 of chicken and 1 of beef
- Provide 1 tablespoon pepper (or to taste)
- You need 1 tablespoon salt (or to taste)
- Get 1 bay leaf
- Prepare 1 tablespoon thyme
- You need 2 teaspoons granulated garlic, or 2 cloves minced
- Take 4-6 slices toasted plain french bread
- Take 4-6 slices provolone cheese
Steps to make French Onion Soup:
- In a Dutch oven, or another large pot, place the butter, olive oil and onions in, set heat to low
- Continue to stir, being careful not to burn the onions, this is a low and slow recipe…patience is KEY! Once the butter is melted, you can turn the heat up a tad to a lower medium. This process takes about 1 and a half hours.
- Once onions have reached caramelization, add all other ingredients and bring up to a simmer for 30 minutes
- Remove bay leaf, Ladle into soup cups, leaving almost an inch from the top to place the toasted bread and the provolone cheese. Place under broiler to melt the cheese, until bubbly
If you find this French Onion Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.