Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken and Dumpling Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken and Dumpling Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Deciding on Healthy Fast Food.
Just about any article you read about bettering your health or slimming down is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. There’s some benefit to this. But sometimes the last thing you wish to do is put together a whole meal for yourself and your family. Sometimes you just wish to reach the drive through along the way home and call it a day. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be allowed to do this and not be plagued by remorse about slipping on your diet. You are able to do this because lots of the popular joints are now advertising “healthy” menu options to keep their businesses up. Here is how you can eat healthy and balanced when you reach the drive through.
Concentrate on the sides. It wasn’t that long ago that French Fries were your only side dish selection at a restaurant. Today the majority of the most popular fast food franchises have improved their choices. Now plenty of them provide salads. Chili is definitely a different selection. You can purchase a baked potato. You can get fruit. There are many healthful options that do not include things like putting something deep fried into your body. Instead of the pre-determined “meal deals” aim to build a meal from side dishes. This helps you keep the calorie count low and lower your fat intake.
Fundamental logic states that the best way to lose fat and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet entirely. While, for the most part, this is a good idea, if you make smart choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. At times what you need most is just to have somebody else do the cooking. When you want healthful menu items, you do not have to feel guilty about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken and dumpling soup recipe. To cook chicken and dumpling soup you need 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chicken and Dumpling Soup:
- Use Soup
- You need 2 chicken breasts
- Use 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- You need 4 cups chicken broth
- Get 2 cloves garlic
- Get 1 bag frozen peas and carrots
- Take 1 can corn
- Get 1 tsp oregano
- Take 1⁄2 tsp thyme
- Take 1 bay leaf
- You need Salt
- Get Pepper
- Prepare Dumplings
- Provide 1 cup flour
- Get 2 tsp baking powder
- Provide 1 tsp sugar
- You need 1⁄2 tsp salt
- Prepare 1 tblsp butter
- Prepare 1⁄2 cup milk
Steps to make Chicken and Dumpling Soup:
- Put chicken, cream of chicken soup, 2 cups chicken broth, garlic, peas, carrots, corn, oregano, thyme, bay leaf, salt and pepper in a crockpot. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- About half an hour before you’re ready to serve the soup, make the dumplings. Put the flour, sugar, salt, butter, baking powder, and milk in a bowl and mix together with a fork.
- Ladle some of the broth from the soup into a shallow pan and bring to a boil. Sometimes the soup is too thick to get enough broth, so I add an additional two cups of chicken broth before making the dumplings.
- Cook small clumps of the dumpling dough in the boiling broth. Cook about 4 minutes on each side until the inside is done.
- Add dumplings back to crockpot and serve.
If you find this Chicken and Dumpling Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.