Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Mike's French Onion Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Mike's French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Here Are A Few Simple Reasons Why Consuming Apples Is Good.
Everybody has heard the phrase “an apple a day will keep the doctor away”, however the question is, is this really a true statement. You may know men and women that live by this and also request that their children live by this guideline as well. This idea is known all over the world and people just take it as fact without knowing if this is actually true. In this post we are going to be examining apples to see if they really are a food which will help to keep you healthy.
Additionally, you will be able to possess a more healthy heart by eating apples. Lots of the things you find in apples, and yes this includes dietary fiber, can actually help to provide you with a healthy heart. You might also be surprised to learn that another way apples can assist your heart is by lowering cholesterol. The skin of the apple is where most of the healthy vitamins and minerals can end up being located in an apple. And your best bet is to find a local farm that grows only organic apples and make sure you eat the skin as well so you can get the most advantages of the apple.
I am hoping I have revealed some information that explained why apples are so good. The advantages we covered are just a couple of of the benefits that eating apples can offer. Every one of the benefits would take us too long to include in this write-up, nevertheless the information is out there. So do yourself a favor and purchase some apples the next time you go to the grocery store. You will notice that your overall health could tremendously be benefited by consuming apples.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's french onion soup recipe. You can cook mike's french onion soup using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Mike's French Onion Soup:
- Get 2 EX LG Vidalia Onions [no substitutions]
- Get 2 Coves Garlic [smashed & fine chopped]
- You need 1⁄3 Cup Green Onions [small chop]
- Provide 1⁄2 Stick Unsalted Butter
- Provide 1 LG Bay Leaf
- Take 3⁄4 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- Use Cracked Black Pepper [to taste]
- Use 32 oz Box Beef Broth [low sodium]
- Prepare 1⁄2 Cup Dry White Wine [chardonnay]
- You need 1 LG Baguette Bread
- Use Garlic Butter [as needed - for bread]
- Take 1 Gruyère Cheese [4 slices or 1 brick - you can substitute Swiss if in a pinch]
- Use 1 1⁄2 tbsp AP Flour
- Use Fresh Parsley [for garnish]
- Prepare 1⁄2-3⁄4 Packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- Provide 2 LG Oven Safe Ramikins
Instructions to make Mike's French Onion Soup:
- Add butter to a large pot. Slice onions thin and place in pot. Also, add your green onions, garlic, thyme, black pepper and bay leaf. Simmer onions for 25+ minutes until onions are limp and translucent. Stir regularly.
- Add white wine and simmer 5 minutes longer to burn off alcohol. Pull bay leaf.
- Dust onion mixture with your flour and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes to cook out any flavor of flour. Stir constantly. Add minimal amounts of butter to pot if your flour begins to seize up and is too difficult to stir. Or, if you feel it's in danger of burning.
- Add your broth and 1⁄2 to 3⁄4 package of Lipton Onion Soup Mix. I use 2⁄3's packet for the additional sodium & onion flavors. It really does balance the sweetness of the Vidalia Onions quite well. Simmer 10 minutes longer. Stir occasionally.
- Here's your desired outcome.
- Slice your Baguette Bread into 4 pieces. Cut more if you'd like to serve additional slices for dipping. Coat slices with garlic butter. Place in a 350° preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes - or, until baguettes are browned and crispy.
- Ladle your hot soup into your Ramikins. Place Ramikins on a lifted edge cookie sheet. These can easily overflow. In fact, it's desired that they do! Just not today in my new oven.
- Place 2 toasted garlic Crustinis in each of your your Ramikins.
- Slice your Gruyère Cheese and place on top of your toasted Crustinis.
- Turn on your ovens broiler.
- Place Ramikins in oven for 5 minutes. Or, until your cheese is fully melted and browned.
- Garnish with fresh parsley. Allow dish to sit for 3 minutes. Then serve. Enjoy!
If you find this Mike's French Onion Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.