Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Precisely Why Are Apples So Fantastic With Regard To Your Health.
On TV as well as in magazines everyone is telling you to eat an apple a day, even so, have you ever asked yourself why? Many people have lived with this viewpoint for many years, and they additionally pass this on to their children. You will even find that folks in other country’s also follow this simple rule and they do not know why. In our research we have discovered why you are told to eat an apple a day and we will be discussing that with you here.
Another thing that has been uncovered is that apples can additionally help your heart. More than likely you know that apples contain fiber, and that, and also some of the other components of apples can promote heart health. One more of the added benefits apples can give you is that it can help you to lower your cholesterol, and you should also know that this also helps your heart. Something you should understand is that many of the ingredients for a healthy heart tend to be found in the skin of the apple. If you happen to be one of the individuals who skin their apple before consuming it, you may want to change that habit so that you are getting all the benefits from the apple that you can get.
I am hoping I have revealed some information that explained why apples are so good for you. Something you should realize is that we only covered a portion of the benefits of eating apples. You’ll be able to discover many more benefits with regard to your health in relation to apples. So do yourself a favor and purchase some apples the next time you go to supermarkets. You will see that your overall health can tremendously be benefited by consuming apples.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to jon’s green split peas soup with feta cheese and bacon bruscheta recipe. To make jon’s green split peas soup with feta cheese and bacon bruscheta you need 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA:
- Provide 1 lb. dry split green peas
- Get 4 smoked bacon slices
- Get 2 tbsp. bacon fat
- Take 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Provide 1 cup onions, small diced
- Provide 2⁄3 cup carrot, small diced
- Get 2⁄3 cup celery, small diced
- Prepare 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- Take 1 tsp. fresh oregano, chopped
- Prepare 1 tbsp. basil leaves cut in strips
- Provide 1 chicken cube chicken bouillon
- Get 1 tsp. salt
- Prepare 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Use 8 cups pork stock, chicken stock or water
- You need feta cheese bruscheta
- Take 12 baguette bread slices
- Provide 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Prepare 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Use 2 smoked bacon slices cooked and diced
- Get 2⁄3 cup feta cheese, small diced
- Get 2 tsp. chopped oregano
- Use 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Use 1⁄2 tsp. paprika powder
Steps to make JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA:
- The green split peas, I like to leave them soaking in cold water the night before. Next day drain the water. - Place the bacon in a cooking sheet pan and cook in the oven until crispy. Remove the bacon, make bacon chips and set aside. - Pour the bacon fat in large pot. Add and sauté onion and garlic together.
- Add celery and carrot, cover and let it sweat for a few minutes. - Incorporate the water or stock, bring it to a boil, lower the flame and slowly cook for about 45 minutes until peas are soft. - Once the peas are soft purée them using an immersion blender.
- Add fresh herbs and cook for 5 minutes more.
- FETA CHEESE BRUSCHETA - Place the bread slices in a baking sheet pan and brush them with the olive oil. - Place the sheet pan in the oven and lightly brown the top. - In a bowl mix the garlic, bacon, feta cheese and oregano.
- Cover bread slices with the feta cheese mix. Mix parmesan cheese with paprika and sprinkle on top. - Put the baking pan back in the oven and toast the top until golden brown.
- Serve the soup with the bruschetta and bacon chips.
If you find this JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.