Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Why Are Apples So Good With Regard To Your Health.
Everyone has heard the phrase “an apple a day will keep the doctor away”, but the question is, is this really a true statement. This is a thing that many people live by and they also ensure their children are eating at least one apple a day. This concept is known all over the world and men and women just take it as fact without knowing if this is really true. In this article we are going to be looking at apples to see if they really are a food that will help to keep you healthy.
I am certain you have heard of Cornell University, well these people did their own study on how apples can benefit a persons brain. This research indicated that the ingredients in apples are able to help keep your brain cells from deteriorating with age. Meaning by eating apples you can decrease the risk of getting Alzheimer’s.
I hope I have revealed some good information that revealed why apples are so good. In this post we just dealt with a few of the benefits of eating an apple a day. All of the benefits would take us too much time to include in this write-up, however the information is out there. When you go shopping again, make sure you buy some apples, their in the produce section. You will notice that your overall health could significantly be benefited when you eat apples.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo recipe. You can have easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo using 27 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo:
- Provide 1⁄2 head broccoli or 2-3 broccoli stems
- Use 1 Zucchini
- Provide 100 g asparagus
- Take 1-2 carrots or 1 cup of frozen peas (for bulk)
- Use 300 g Kale, Bok Choy, Collard greens or a combinaton
- Prepare 1 Celery stick
- Prepare 1 small leek
- Take 3-4 Shallots or 1 large / 2 medium onions
- Take 3-4 cloves Garlic
- Use 1.5 L Vegetable (or chicken) stock or water (more if more vegetables)
- Provide 2 Bayleaf
- Use 2-3 kaffir lime leaf
- You need 200 g - 300g Fresh spinach
- Use For spices / garnish
- Prepare 2-3 Kaffir like leaf or 1 tbs lime zest
- Use 2 Bay leaves
- Get 1 tbs Lemongrass paste or 2 lemongrass sticks
- Provide 1 tbs Galangal or ginger or 1 thumb-size fresh ginger, chopped
- Prepare 1 tablespoon Sweet basil
- Use 1 tbs oregano
- Provide 1 tbs thyme
- Provide 1 teaspoon mint
- Prepare 1⁄2 teaspoon chives (optional)
- You need Optional: 1 low-sodium, organic vegetable stock cube
- Provide to taste salt & pepper
- Use Olive oil or Ghee (to saute onions, garlic & leak)
- Get 1 bunch fresh parsley (replace with dry if not available)
Steps to make Easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo:
- Chop up all vegetables for the soup. You will add them to the water in order of 'hardness' as not to overcook softer vegetables.
- Put Ghee or olive oil in a pan and saute onion / shallots and garlic on medium fire, stirring the entire time. Cook until onion / shallots become clear, but not brow. Add leak and ginger (if fresh) and saute for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock and 'hard' vegetables - carrots, broccoli stems, peas, etc + any vegetables that are frozen.
- Add all the spices and herbs, with the exception of fresh parsley.
- Cook on low-medium fire until the hardest vegetable (eg carrot) is soft enough to pierce with a fork but still crunchy. Add medium hard vegetables, such as broccoli, Kale, asparagus. Note: Asparagus stems need to cook longer than asparagus tips. Cook for 3-4 few minutes and then add zucchini. Cook until broccoli can be pierced with a fork. Add more water if required throughout cooking.
- Add spinach and cook until it wilts - should not be more than 2 minutes so that it stays green. This adds wonderful green colour to the soup. Note: if using frozen spinach, add it at the same time as zucchini.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool to room temperature.
- Combine the cooked ingredients in the blender with a generous amount of fresh parsley and purée until desired consistency.
- Garnish with sprouts, seeds, or flaked almonds. You can also add a tablespoon or two of cooked quinoa for a filling full-meal.
- The soup freezes extremely well so you can apportion it to desired quantities and take out during the week. (you may need to add water once heated up)
If you find this Easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.