Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Potato Sausage & Cheese Chowder recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato Sausage & Cheese Chowder recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Healthy Fast Food.
Almost every single “get healthy” and “weight loss” posting you go through will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is literally very true. Once in a while, though, you absolutely do not want to make a whole meal for your family or even just for yourself. Sometimes almost all you really want is to go to the drive through and get home as soon as possible. Why shouldn’t you be capable of do this from time to time and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet? You can do this because lots of the popular joints are now marketing “healthy” menu alternatives to keep their businesses up. Here’s how you’ll be able to eat healthfully when you’re at a fast food restaurant.
Focus on the sides. It wasn’t that long ago that French Fries were your sole side dish option at a restaurant. Now just about all of the popular fast food places have broadened their menus. Now plenty of them provide salads. Chili can be another option. You can get baked potatoes. You can get fruit. There are a lot of options that you can choose that do not force you to ingest foods that have been deep fried. Instead of the pre-determined “meal deals” make an effort to make a meal from side dishes. This makes it possible for you to keep your calorie count low and lessen your fat intake.
Logic says that one the simplest way to stay healthy and balanced is to bypass the drive through and never eat fast food. While, in most cases, this is a good plan, if you make smart choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Once in a while, permitting someone else cook dinner is just what you require. There isn’t any reason to feel guilty about going to the drive through when you make healthy decisions!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to potato sausage & cheese chowder recipe. To cook potato sausage & cheese chowder you need 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Potato Sausage & Cheese Chowder:
- Use 4 med-large potatoes (red or russet)
- Provide 1 onion chopped
- Prepare 1 celery stalk chopped
- Take 1 garlic clove minced
- Get 1 jalapeno diced
- Use 6 strips bacon
- Get 1 packages cajun or kialbasa sausage
- Use 1⁄2 lb cubed ham pieces
- Use 6 cup chicken broth
- Provide 1 can cream of chedder cheese soup
- You need 1 can kernel corn drained
- Get 1 salt, white pepper, garlic powder & cajun seasoning to taste
- Prepare 1 tsp italian seasoning
- Get 1 pints half and half
- You need 1 cup pepper jack or mexican blend cheese
- Prepare 1 cup velveeta cheese
- Provide 1 regular milk if needed to thin out chowder
Instructions to make Potato Sausage & Cheese Chowder:
- In large pot, brown chopped bacon till crispy, then remove to paper towel to drain.
- In same pot, keep the bacon grease and start to lightly brown sausage that is cut into 1⁄2 inch pieces then cut in half. Along with cubed ham.
- Once meat has cooked for a minute or two add in chopped up onion, celery and garlic and jalapeno. Saute with meat till veggies are tender. Add in diced potatoes and saute for a few minutes, this helps incorporate more flavor into the potato to me.
- Add in chicken broth and dried seasonings & can drained corn. Stir to incorporate. (If using red I like to leave skin on)Medium diced.
- If needed add some water or more chicken broth to cover potatoes then bring potatoes to a boil then lower to low and once potatoes are fork tender.
- Lower heat to lowest setting and add in half & half, soup,cheeses and simmer for about 20 minutes. Top with cooked bacon, shredded cheese and green onion. Serve hot
- SUBSTITUTES–If you do not like spicy, you can leave out one or more the jalapeno, Cajun seasoning, and for sausage & cheese you can use mild sausage, I like kielbasa and for cheese you can do Mexican blend or any cheese you like over the pepper jack.
If you find this Potato Sausage & Cheese Chowder recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.