Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Mike's, "Sick Day," Chicken Noodle Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mike's, "Sick Day," Chicken Noodle Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's, "Sick Day," Chicken Noodle Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Exactly Why Are Apples So Good With Regard To Your Health.
On TV and in magazines absolutely everyone is telling you to eat an apple a day, however, have you ever asked yourself why? You might know men and women that live by this and also request that their children live by this guideline as well. You will even find that men and women in other country’s also adhere to this simple rule and they do not know why. In our research we have discovered why you are told to eat an apple a day and we will be sharing that with you here.
Cornell University performed a study on the impact apples have on the brain. They learned that one of the components in apples called quercetin, has actually been proven to help you to protect brain cells. Meaning that by eating apples you are able to decrease the risk of getting Alzheimer’s.
I hope I have revealed some information that revealed why apples are so healthy for you. The advantages we covered are just a few of the benefits that eating apples can offer. Every one of the benefits would take us too long to include in this post, but the information is out there. So do yourself a favor and purchase some apples the very next time you go to the store. You will notice that your overall health can tremendously be benefited by consuming apples.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's, "sick day," chicken noodle soup recipe. You can have mike's, "sick day," chicken noodle soup using 26 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's, "Sick Day," Chicken Noodle Soup:
- Take ● For The Chicken Noodle Soup
- Provide 4 box (32 oz) Chicken Broth [with sodium- reserve 1]
- Take 3 large Chicken Breasts [de-thawed & fat trimmed]
- You need 1 small White Onion [quartered]
- Use 2 tsp Dried Italian Seasoning
- Provide 1 tsp Chicken Bouillon
- You need 1⁄2 tsp Sea Salt
- Take 1⁄4 tsp Celery Salt
- Provide 1 tsp White Pepper
- Prepare 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- You need 1 tbsp Dried Parsley
- Get 1⁄2 tsp Dried Rosemary
- Use 1⁄2 tsp Dried Thyme
- Take 3 small Bay Leaves
- Provide 2 cup Baby Carrots [halved]
- Prepare 1 small Splash Olive Oil
- Get 2 cup Celery [chopped with leaves]
- Take 1 (12 oz) Bag Wide Egg Noodles
- Prepare ● For The Optional Ingredients
- Provide 1 cup Fresh Mushrooms
- Prepare 1⁄2 cup Fresh Basil
- Get 1⁄3 Cooking Sherry
- Use 3⁄4 Heavy Cream
- Provide Optional Sides
- Use 1 box Croutons
- Take 1 loaf French Bread
Instructions to make Mike's, "Sick Day," Chicken Noodle Soup:
- Author's Note: Keep chicken separated from other kitchen items and ingredients until boil to avoid any risk of cross-contamination.
- Also, dark chicken meat with the bone in [like that of chicken thighs, etc,.] make for a more flavorful soup. Just pull meat from the bone once they're fully cooked. I used chicken breasts since that's what I had on hand.
- Add everything together in a large pot except for your celery, carrots, noodles, 1 of your 4 boxes chicken broth and anything from the, "Optional Ingredients," category.
- Turn on high and boil for 35 minutes.
- Pull cooked breasts, quartered onions and Bay Leaves from broth. Discard onions and Bay Leaves. * Make certain your breasts are fully cooked and not pink in the middle. If they are, boil longer.
- Place celery and carrots into broth and boil for 15 minutes.
- Add egg noodles to your boiling broth. Boil 8 minutes longer, [or as per your noodle manufacturers recommendations] stirring regularly. There's no need for oil or salt even if recommended by the manufacturer. They're both already in your broth.
- Add shredded chicken. Also, add your reserved box of chicken broth if some or most of your original broth has dissipated. Boil 5 more minutes longer.
- If you find even more fluid is required, especially after refrigerating, just add tap water. There's plenty enough chicken flavor in this soup to add it and not alter the taste.
- Authors Note: You can add croutons to the side or crisp your bread in the oven if anyone's suffering from a scratchy throat.
- Serve soup in a bowl with a handle so it can be eaten while in bed. Also, serve with any absorbent bread of your choosing. Enjoy!
If you find this Mike's, "Sick Day," Chicken Noodle Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.