Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Pan Mee Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pan Mee Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Good For You.
Almost every “get healthy” and “weight loss” posting you go through will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is actually very true. From time to time, though, the last thing you need is to have to prepare an evening meal from scratch. Sometimes almost all you want is to go to the drive through and get home quickly. There is no reason you shouldn’t be able to do that once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. This is because most well-known fast food restaurants out there are trying to “healthy up” their menus. Here is how one can find healthy food choices at the drive through.
Select a drive through at a restaurant that is known for catering to people with healthier palates. Arby’s by way of example, isn’t going to provide burgers. You can consume roast beef sandwiches, wraps and salads instead. Wendy’s, not surprisingly, is known for its square burgers, nevertheless the menu there has a considerable amount of healthful choices like salad, potatoes and chili. Not all fast food places are as unhealthy as McDonalds with its deep fried every thing.
Logic says that one the simplest way to stay healthy and balanced is to sidestep the drive through and never eat fast food. Most of the time this is a good idea but if you make great choices, there is no reason you can’t visit your drive through once in a while. Often what you require most is just to have someone else do the cooking. There isn’t any reason to feel bad about going to the drive through when you make healthful decisions!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to pan mee soup recipe. You can cook pan mee soup using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Pan Mee Soup:
- Provide 500 g minced meat
- Get 1⁄2 cup minced garlic
- You need 1⁄4 cup dried chilies, sliced or chopped (if using flakes, try to find some with less seeds and more chili pieces)
- Prepare 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- Prepare 1⁄2 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms (preferably dried & soaked overnight. Reserve soaking liquid)
- Take 1⁄2 cup dried anchovies (I prefer to grind up the anchovies using a food processor. If not available, you can replace it with some fried bacon. Please adjust salt content accordingly)
- Provide 2 cups pucuk manis (can be substituted with baby/round spinach)
- Get 2 anchovy/fish bouillon cubes
- Use 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- Prepare To taste soy sauce
- Use To taste salt
- Use To taste white pepper
- Get To taste sugar
- Provide Optional: eggs/tofu
- Take Egg/rice noodles
Instructions to make Pan Mee Soup:
- Heat 2-3 tbsp of the oil in a soup pot. Stir fry 2 tbsp of garlic until fragrant then add the minced meat and 1⁄2 the anchovies. Sauté until cooked then add the mushrooms. Cook for 5-6 minutes until the meat is slightly browned. Season well with soy sauce and white pepper. You can add a few tablespoons of water/the soaking liquid from the mushrooms if it gets too dry. Remove all but 1⁄4 cup of the mixture and set aside.
- In the pot with the remaining 1⁄4 cup of the mixture, add the bouillon cubes & 6 cups of water (you can also use the mushroom soaking liquid & top up water to get 6 cups). Allow the water to come to a boil and add spinach / pucuk manis. Cook for a few minutes until the color changes to a darker green, then turn off the heat and season the soup.
- In a separate pan, heat the remaining oil. It’s ok if it seems like a lot. Once hot,sauté onions and remaining anchovies and garlic until browned and slightly crispy. Add chili and sauté for a few minutes. Be prepared for the chili to make you cough! Season with soy sauce/salt/white pepper and sugar, if desired.
- To serve SOUP VERSION: you can either boil all the noodles in a separate pot and eat all immediately or ladle some of the soup into a separate smaller pot and boil them in individual servings. Boil the noodles in the soup and add an egg/some tofu to poach in once the noodles are almost done. Ladle the minced meat/chili on top as desired
- To serve DRY version: boil the noodles separately and once cooked, immediately mix with the toppings - minced meat & chili. You can poach an egg and add it on top
If you find this Pan Mee Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.