Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Easy vegetarian bulgur and beans soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy vegetarian bulgur and beans soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Good For You.
Just about every single article you read about bettering your health or slimming down is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. This is really very true. Once in a while, though, you absolutely do not want to make an entire meal for your family or even just for yourself. Sometimes all you want is to go to the drive through and get home as quickly as possible. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be permitted to do this and not be plagued by remorse about slipping on your diet. You can do this because most of the popular joints are now marketing “healthy” menu options to keep their businesses up. Here is how you can eat healthy when you visit the drive through.
Pick out a drive through at a restaurant that’s known for catering to people with better palates. For example, Arby’s won’t provide hamburgers. You may consume roast beef sandwiches, wraps and salads instead. Wendy’s, not surprisingly, is known for its square burgers, nevertheless the menu there has a considerable amount of healthy choices like salad, potatoes and chili. Not many fast food locations are as unhealthy as McDonalds with its deep fried every thing.
Traditional logic tells us that one certain way to get healthy and lose weight is to drop the drive through and to banish fast food restaurants from your thoughts. Most of the time this is a good plan but if you make good choices, there’s no reason you can’t visit your drive through now and then. Sometimes what you need is to let another person make your dinner. When you choose healthful menu items, you do not have to feel terrible about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to easy vegetarian bulgur and beans soup recipe. To cook easy vegetarian bulgur and beans soup you only need 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Easy vegetarian bulgur and beans soup:
- Take Half cup dried chickpeas
- Take Half cup red kidney beans
- You need 1 cup bulgur
- Take Half cup brown lentils
- Prepare One-fourth cup short grain rice
- Prepare 1 large onion, chopped
- Use 1 table spoon powdered dried mint
- Prepare Salt
- Get Black pepper
- Take Canola oil
- Take Half teaspoon turmeric powder
- You need Lemon wedges to serve
- Prepare Extra golden brown fried onion for garnish
Instructions to make Easy vegetarian bulgur and beans soup:
- Soak chickpeas and red kidney/ pinto beans in water overnight.
- Drain and cook them in enough water in a pot with lid on for about 2 hours. After 90 minutes(30 minutes before chickpeas and beans fully cooked) add lentils. Wash bulgur and rice and drain and keep them aside while lentils not yet cooked. Meanwhile fry the onion in non stick pan with some canola oil until crispy brown. Add mint, turmeric and black pepper and stir few seconds with onions. Remove from the pan and put them in a plate.
- When chickpeas and beans and lentils cooked through, add bulgur, rice and salt. When rice is soft, add onion and mint mixture and continue cooking until soup become thick.
- Serve the soup with lemon wedges.
If you find this Easy vegetarian bulgur and beans soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.