Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Shrimp, Crawfish, And Corn Stew recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shrimp, Crawfish, And Corn Stew recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Why Are Apples So Good With Regard To Your Health.
On TV and in magazines absolutely everyone is telling you to eat an apple a day, even so, have you ever asked yourself why? You might know people that live by this and also request that their children live by this principle as well. This thought can be identified in country’s all around the world and individuals follow it as gospel with out ever finding out why they should eat an apple a day. In this article we are going to be taking a look at apples to see if they really are a food that will help to keep you healthy.
In accordance with another study, apples may also have positive results on your brain. While doing their study they found that, quercetin, which is found in apples assists in maintaining healthy brain cells. And because of this you will see that apples can in fact help people steer clear of the symptoms of Alzheimer’s.
And now you understand why men and women tell you that you ought to eat an apple every day. In this post we just dealt with some of the benefits of eating an apple a day. In the event you look and ask around, you will come to see that the benefits can seem to be limitless. When you go shopping again, be sure to pick up some apples, their in the produce section. You will see that your overall health could greatly be benefited when you eat apples.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to shrimp, crawfish, and corn stew recipe. To make shrimp, crawfish, and corn stew you only need 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Shrimp, Crawfish, And Corn Stew:
- Prepare 4 packages 4 bags of already peeled frozen shrimp, if its shrimp season get ya 3lbs of boiled shrimp bcuz those shrimp will b significantly larger
- You need 2 2 packs of frozen, already cooked & peeled crawfish or 2 lbs of boiled crawfish (again, only if it's crawfish season…btw "shrimp/crawfish season" only applies 2 my fellow Cajun folk)
- Get 10 each 8-10 stalks fresh corn, shucked
- Provide 1 large family size can cream of mushroom soup
- Use 1 regular size can cream of shrimp soup (if no cream of shrimp available, cream of chicken is fine)
- You need 1 cup half n half or heavy whipping cream
- Prepare 1 cup Milk
- Use 1 Blend of 1 chopped onion, 3 stalks chopped celery, 1 chopped green bell pepper and 1 chopped red bell pepper. They sell this blend already prepared/ pre-chopped in some grocery stores.
- Provide 2 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- Use 1 Crab boil liquid seasoning (equivalent of Old Bay seasoning in northern states) to taste
- Get 1 Salt/pepper or local spice blend to taste (Tony Chachere's is my blend of choice)
Instructions to make Shrimp, Crawfish, And Corn Stew:
- In blender, blend half of shucked corn w cup of half n half/heavy whipping cream. Add some seasoning 2 taste and blend until smooth. Consistency will b thick. Reserve remaining unblended corn to add in later.
- Add olive oil to hot deep stock pot and toss in chopped onion blend. Stir around until mix begins turning translucent. This process is termed "sweating" by local chefs. Releases amazing flavors and juices from veggies. As ur sweating ur blend add some seasoning to it as u go…
- Next add peeled and thawed shrimp. Stir those around a few mins until they start 2 turn pink.
- Add corn/half n half blend to pot along w both cans of soup. This mixture will b thick. Incorporate all content.
- Add milk here to thin out mixture. I said use about a cup of milk but add gradually until u get 2 desired consistency. U may want more than 1 cup if u prefer it thinner or less than a cup if u want it more hearty.
- Add cooked/peeled/thawed crawfish and remaining whole corn kernels to pot, stir in.
- Now comes the fun!!! Season that thang up 2 ur liking w about a tablespoon of liquid crab boil or old bay… be VERY VERY careful on this step cuz that crap is super hot so take it slow…add it gradually until u get desired heat. Then add more salt/pepper or spice blend to taste.
- Stir everything together well one good time then cover w lid and let it simmer on low heat for about 15-20 mins.
- Serve over steamed rice to eat it as a stew or by itself w/ some toasted & buttered french bread, croissant, or side salad bcuz it's yummy & filling enough 2 eat as a soup!!!
If you find this Shrimp, Crawfish, And Corn Stew recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.