Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Healthy and balanced Fast Food.
Just about every article you read about improving your health or weight loss is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. There’s some benefit to this. But sometimes the last thing you want to do is put together a whole meal for yourself and your family. Once in a while you just want to visit the drive through while you’re on your way home and end the day. There is no reason you shouldn’t be able to do this once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. This is because most well-known fast food restaurants out there are trying to “healthy up” their choices. Here’s how it is possible to eat healthfully when you’re at a fast food spot.
Focus on the sides. It has not been that long ago that all you could get in a fast food restaurant was French Fries. Today the majority of the most popular fast food franchises have enhanced their products. Now you can find a variety of salads. Chili is yet another choice. Baked potatoes can even be purchased. Fruit is generally obtainable. There are a lot of selections that you can choose that do not force you to ingest foods that have been deep fried. When you get your dinner through a drive through window, select side dishes instead of just grabbing something premade. When you do this you may keep your fat content and also calorie counts low.
Basic logic states that the proper way to lose fat and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet entirely. Most of the time this is a good idea but if you make good choices, there’s no reason you can’t visit your drive through once in a while. Sometimes the best thing is to let other people create your dinner. There isn’t any reason to feel bad about going to the drive through when you make healthful decisions!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. You can have french onion soup using 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook French Onion Soup:
- Use The Stock
- Get 4 lb lbs. cracked beef bones/soup bones w/o meat
- Use 2 onions, halved
- You need 2 scrubbed quartered carrots
- Prepare 2 celery stalks
- Use bouquet garni:0.25 tsp. thyme, 1 bay leaf, 6 parsley sprigs, 2 unpeeled garlic cloves, 2 whole cloves
- You need 10 cups water
- Get For the Onions and Soup
- Get 1 1⁄2 lbs or about 5 cups of thinly sliced yellow onion
- Get 3 Tbsp Tbs butter+1 Tbs Oil
- Prepare 1 tsp salt
- Provide 1 ⁄4 tsp sugar (helps the onions to brown)
- Prepare 3 Tbsp flour
- Prepare 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- Get The strained Stock
- You need to taste salt and pepper
- Use 2 Tbsp tbs Cognac, brings the flavors together
- Take 4 rounds of hard-toasted french bread
- Prepare Grated good Swiss Cheese to cover
- Get Cook and assemble
Steps to make French Onion Soup:
- Heat oven to 450F. Arrange the meat, bones, onions, and carrots in a cast iron pan. Place in the middle portion of the oven and roast for 30-40 minutes, turning occasionally until nicely browned.
- Remove from the oven and drain fat out of roasting pan. Transfer into an 8 or 10 quart soup kettle. Pour a cup or two of the water to the pan, set over heat (or back in the still hot oven). Scrape up all the brown bits at the bottom. Pour all that into the kettle.
- Tie the Bousquet garni in a coffee filter or cheese cloth.
- Cover ingredients with 10 cups water. Bring to a simmer, skim and add the salt, celery and bouquet garni. Simmer the stock for 4 to 5 hours. Strain the stock out of the kettle into a bowl.
- ONIONS, COOKING AND FINAL ASSEMBLY
- Melt butter, add oil to a large pot. Add sugar and onions, cover and cook on low for 30 minutes.
- Raise heat and cook, stirring often on medium until golden, around 45 minutes
- Stir in flour, cook for a minute and add stock and wine. Partially cover and simmer gently for one hour.
- Add Cognac, ladle into oven proof soup bowls, add bread slice and cover with cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees until lightly brown.
If you find this French Onion Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.