Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best French onion soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French onion soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Deciding on Wholesome Fast Food.
Almost each and every “get healthy” and “weight loss” posting you go through will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is literally very true. But at times the last thing you would like to do is make a whole meal for yourself and your family. Sometimes you just wish to hit the drive through on the way home and call it a day. There is zero reason you shouldn’t be able to do this once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. You are capable of doing this because most of the popular joints are now promoting “healthy” menu options to keep their businesses up. Here is the way to find appropriate food choices at the drive through.
Go for the side dishes. Not so long ago, the only real side dish item available at a fast food restaurant was French fries. Now virtually all of the famous fast food places have expanded their menus. Now quite a few of them provide salads. Chili is another selection. You may get a baked potato. Fruit is normally offered. There are countless possibilities that you can choose that do not force you to ingest foods that have been deep fried. When you buy your meal through a drive through window, opt for side dishes instead of just grabbing something premade. This helps you keep the calorie count low and reduce your fat intake.
Common logic tells us that one positive way to get healthy and lose fat is to skip the drive through and to banish fast food restaurants from your thoughts. Most of the time this is a good concept but if you make beneficial choices, there’s no reason you can’t visit your drive through once in a while. Sometimes what you need most is just to have somebody else do the cooking. When you select healthy menu items, you do not have to feel terrible about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. To cook french onion soup you only need 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make French onion soup:
- You need 4 onions
- Get 1 tbsp minced garlic
- Get 1 tbsp olive oil
- Use 4 oz sherry wine
- Use 1 gallon chicken and or beef stock
- Provide 1 loaf Italian bread
- You need 2 cup mozzarella
- Provide 1 1⁄2 tsp browning sauce (gravy master)
- Provide 1 salt, pepper ,onion and garlic powder to taste
Steps to make French onion soup:
- thinly slice onions
- heat oil in a large sauce pot
- Carmelize onion on medium high heat until dark brown.*this should take about 10 minutes
- add minced garlic and cook for another 2 minutes
- add the sherry wine slowly and reduce for 2 minutes
- add the stock and bring to a boil
- add the browning sauce
- reduce to a simmer and cook for 45 min
- season with salt ,pepper, onion and garlic powder to taste
- meanwhile slice the loaf of bread and toast
- when the soup is done serve in a bowl with a slice of bread with the cheese over the top and melted in the oven
- if you like your soup with a little more body make a corn starch slurry and add about 5 minutes before done
If you find this French onion soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.