Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Potato Soup (Yummy - w/Low Fat Options) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Potato Soup (Yummy - w/Low Fat Options) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato Soup (Yummy - w/Low Fat Options) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Healthful Fast Food.
Almost every “get healthy” and “weight loss” article you study will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. There’s some worth to that. Once in a while, though, you definitely do not want to make a full meal for your family or even just for yourself. Sometimes almost all you really want is to go to the drive through and get home quickly. There is simply no reason you shouldn’t be able to do that once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. You are able to do this because lots of the popular joints are now marketing “healthy” menu alternatives to keep their businesses up. Here is the way to find appropriate food choices at the drive through.
Aim at the side dishes. It was not that long ago that all you could get at the fast food cafe was French Fries. Now just about all of the famous fast food places have broadened their menus. Now you can get several different salads. You could also pick out Chili. You could possibly get baked potatoes. You can get fruit. There are many wholesome options that do not consist of putting something deep fried into your body. When you get your meal through a drive through window, select side dishes instead of just grabbing something premade. When you choose to do this you can keep your fat content as well as your calorie counts low.
Logic claims that one the easiest way to stay healthy is to bypass the drive through and never eat fast food. While this is usually a good idea all you need to do is make a few good selections and traveling to the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Sometimes the thing you need most is just to have another person do the cooking. There isn’t any reason to feel terrible about visiting the drive through when you make healthy decisions!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to potato soup (yummy - w/low fat options) recipe. To make potato soup (yummy - w/low fat options) you need 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Potato Soup (Yummy - w/Low Fat Options):
- You need Chunky Soups
- Provide 12 small red potatoes, cubed small
- Prepare 1 onion, diced
- Get 3 celery stalks, diced
- Take 4 cup water
- Use 2 can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Take 1⁄2 tsp salt - or more to taste
- Provide 1 pinch of celery salt
- Prepare 1⁄2 tsp cajun seasoning
- Prepare 1 pinch of rosemary
- Provide 1 ground red and black pepper - to taste
- Prepare 1 cup milk
- Use 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- Take 1 tsp chopped parsley
- Prepare 8 slice bacon, diced
- You need 1 cheese, shredded
- Provide 1 corn tortilla chips, crumbled
Instructions to make Potato Soup (Yummy - w/Low Fat Options):
- In a large stock pot, cook bacon until crisp. (Bacon is used as a garnish)
- Remove bacon and remove and discard half of the fat from the pot. Add onions and celery to pot (with remaining bacon fat) and saute for 2 mins. - FOR A LOWER FAT VERSION, AFTER BACON IS COOKED, DISCARD ALL FAT AND SAUTE USING OLIVE OIL.
- Add potatoes to the pot (I like to keep the skin on). Cook for 5 mins.
- Add seasoning
- Add water
- Add Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup (or your favorite condensed creamy soup). Stir and cook until potatoes begin to soften, about 8 - 10 mins. - FOR A LOWER FAT VERSION, USE 98%FAT FREE CAMPBELL'S CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP.
- In a separate bowl, mix milk and flour until smooth. Add milk mixture (slowly while stirring) into pot. Cook for 5 mins. - FOR A LOWER FAT VERSION, USE NON-FAT MILK.
- Remove half of the ingredients from the pot, and blend in a blender untill smooth. Return the blended ingredients to the pot and mix with the chunky ingredients (this keeps texture in your soup).
- Add parsley. Simmer, stir, and taste. YUM!
- When serving, garnish with cheese, bacon, and/or tortilla chips (optional but adds more texture, crunch, and flavor). - FOR A LOWER FAT VERSION, OMIT BACON OR SUBTITUTE WITH TURKEY BACON, OMIT CHEESE, AND USE FAT FREE TORTILLA CHIPS.
If you find this Potato Soup (Yummy - w/Low Fat Options) recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.