Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Yellow lentil soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Yellow lentil soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Below Are A Few Basic Reasons Why Eating Apples Is Good.
Every person has heard the saying “an apple a day will keep the doctor away”, but the question is, is this really a true statement. Many individuals have lived with this viewpoint for many years, and they additionally pass this on to their children. This concept is known all over the world and men and women just take it as fact without knowing if this is in fact true. You will be pleased to know that we have carried out a little research, and we are going to explain to you why this is regarded as a miracle fruit.
So what can all these minerals and vitamins do for the particular overall health of your system. You might or might not be aware that apples can actually reduce risks of a variety of cancers, and that is because of all the things in apples. And on the particular list of cancers which apples can help reduce the chances of is colon cancer and even lung cancer. Just that one point really should be sufficient reason for everybody to start eating apples.
In conclusion, I guess an apple a day really can keep the doctor away and now you recognize why. The huge benefits we covered are only a couple of of the benefits that eating apples can offer. If you look and ask around, you’ll come to see that the benefits can seem limitless. So do yourself a favor and pick up some apples the very next time you go to the store. It can definitely help your health and wellbeing for short term as well as for the long haul.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to yellow lentil soup recipe. To cook yellow lentil soup you need 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Yellow lentil soup:
- You need 2 cups yellow lentils, washed and drained
- Get 1⁄4 cup white rice, washed and drained
- Take 1 small potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- You need 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- Take 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Get 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- You need 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- Get 1 teaspoon salt
- Prepare For serving: optional
- Get 1 loaf pita bread, roasted
- Use 4 tablespoons lemon juice
Steps to make Yellow lentil soup:
- In a saucepan, put the lentils, potato cubes, rice and 8 cups of water. Allow to boil on high heat for around 40 min.
- Strain and reserve the cooking water.
- Put the lentil, rice and potato mixture in a food processor and blend while gradually adding some of the reserved water until you get a smooth, soup-like consistency.
- In a skillet, fry the onion with the vegetable oil until golden and soft.
- Pour the soup in a cooking pot on medium heat and add the fried onions, cumin, and salt. Stir for 5 min until soup thickens.
- Finally, pour the soup in a deep bowl and garnish with fresh parsley.
- A tasty addition to this delicious soup would be a squeeze of lemon and some roasted pita bread pieces that you sprinkle on top of the soup once it’s served.
If you find this Yellow lentil soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.