Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Lentil soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Lentil soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lentil soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Healthful Fast Food.
Almost every single “get healthy” and “weight loss” article you go through will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is literally very true. Once in a while, though, you definitely do not want to make a full meal for your family or even just for yourself. Once in a while you need to visit the drive through when you are on your way home and complete the day. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be authorized to do this and not be suffering from remorse about slipping on your diet. This may be possible because lots of the popular fast food destinations are attempting to make their menus healthy now. Here is the way to eat healthy and balanced when you reach the drive through.
Concentrate on the sides. It wasn’t that long ago that all you could get in a fast food cafe was French Fries. Now more or less all of the well-known fast food places have widened their menus. Now you can get a range of salads. Chili can be another choice. Baked potatoes can even be bought. You could possibly get fruit. There are countless options that you can choose that do not force you to consume foods that have been deep fried. When you order your meal through a drive through window, select side dishes instead of just grabbing something premade. This makes it possible for you to keep the calorie count low and lessen your fat intake.
Simple reason states that the proper way to lose pounds and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet entirely. While, in most cases, this is a good strategy, if you make sensible choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Sometimes the best thing is to let someone else make your dinner. When you choose healthful menu items, you do not have to feel guilty about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lentil soup recipe. You can cook lentil soup using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Lentil soup:
- Prepare 2 cups brown lentils, washed and drained
- You need 3 medium onions, cut into small cubes
- You need 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Take 1 teaspoon cumin
- Take 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Take 2 teaspoons salt
- Use For serving: optional
- Provide 1 loaf pita bread, roasted
- Take 4 tablespoons lemon juice
Steps to make Lentil soup:
- In a saucepan, on medium heat, put the lentils and onions with 9 cups of water.
- Stir lentils and onions from time to time. When the water starts to boil, lower the heat and cover the saucepan. Leave to cook for 40 min.
- When lentils are cooked, add in the salt, cumin and black pepper and stir. Remove pan from heat.
- Pour the lentil and onion mixture in a food processor and blend until you get a smooth and thick mixture.
- Pour back the mixture in the saucepan. Put on medium heat. Stir the ingredients while adding the olive oil and leave it to simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Serve the lentil soup immediately.
- A tasty addition to this delicious soup would be a squeeze of lemon and some roasted pita bread pieces that you sprinkle on top of the soup once it’s served.
If you find this Lentil soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.