Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Simple Creamy Butternut Squash Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Simple Creamy Butternut Squash Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Precisely Why Are Apples So Beneficial Pertaining To Your Health.
On TV and in magazines everybody is telling you to eat an apple a day, even so, have you ever asked yourself why? This is something that many people live by and they also make certain their children are eating at least one apple a day. You will even find that men and women in other country’s also follow this simple rule and they do not know why. In our research we have found out why you are told to eat an apple a day and we’ll be sharing that with you here.
So what can all these minerals and vitamins do for the particular health of your system. Well first off there have been a lot of studies done that report that eating apples can reduce the risk of various cancers. And by eating apples you can actually lessen your chances of getting breast or lung cancer. Just that one point really should be sufficient reason for everybody to start eating apples.
I am hoping I have revealed some information that defined why apples are so good. In this post we just discussed several of the benefits of eating an apple a day. In the event you look and ask around, you will come to see that the benefits can appear limitless. I really hope that the the very next time you go to the food store you wind up getting plenty of apples. These apples can end up helping you to live a longer as well as healthier life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to simple creamy butternut squash soup recipe. You can have simple creamy butternut squash soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Simple Creamy Butternut Squash Soup:
- Get 1 small butternut squash (the smallest you can find is usually enough to make this recipe twice)
- Get 2 Tablespoons butter plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- You need 2 cups chopped leeks (light green and white parts only - remember to wash your leeks well!)
- Take 1⁄2 a medium onion, chopped into a 1⁄2-inch pieces
- Provide 1 medium carrot, halved lengthwise and cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces
- Provide 1 stem celery, cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces
- Get 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (or 1⁄3 to 1⁄2 teaspoon dried)
- Get 2 cups baked butternut squash
- Provide 4 cups unsalted chicken or vegetable stock
- Take 2 teaspoons kosher salt to start
- Take 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Take up to 1 teaspoon sugar if needed to lightly sweeten (some squashes are sweeter than others)
- Get 1 cup heavy whipping cream (you can use whole, lowfat, or nonfat milk - it'll be a little less rich and creamy, but still yummy)
Instructions to make Simple Creamy Butternut Squash Soup:
- BAKING THE SQUASH: Preheat oven to 375F. Cut squash in half lengthwise, scoop out the pulp and seeds, place flesh side down on your sheet pan or baking sheet, and bake for 45 minutes or so until a fork or knife pierces all the way through the thickest part of the squash like a hot knife through butter.
- NOW FOR THE SOUP: Put the butter and oil in a 4 or 5 quart pot and turn the heat to slightly higher than medium. When the butter is completely melted, add the aromatics (all the veg other than squash) and saute until the onions are translucent and the leeks and onions just begin to brown in parts (about 5 minutes).
- Add the thyme, butternut squash, stock, salt, pepper, and sugar and stir gently a few times to evenly distribute all the ingredients. Turn the heat up to medium high and bring soup to a gentle boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to medium low and simmer, with the lid on askew, for 25 minutes (or until a fork pierces the carrot pieces VERY easily - the carrots need to be this tender in order to get a really smooth, silky consistency to the final product), stirring occasionally and adjusting the heat down if necessary. (If you can scrape stuff off the bottom of the pot, your heat's too high.)
- Stir in the cream, adjust seasoning if needed, and simmer, uncovered, for another 5 minutes.
- Blend the soup until it's a smooth, velvety consistency. If you have a stick blender, that's the easiest way to go, but if you're using a regular blender, blend 3 cups at a time, starting at a very low setting for the first 5 seconds to avoid splatter and then turn up to the puree setting for 20 seconds or so.
If you find this Simple Creamy Butternut Squash Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.