Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for French Traditional Recipe Onion Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect French Traditional Recipe Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Traditional Recipe Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Wholesome Fast Food.
Almost each and every “get healthy” and “weight loss” document you read will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is literally very true. Now and then, though, you totally do not need to make a full meal for your family or even just for yourself. Sometimes you just wish to hit the drive through along the way home and call it a day. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be authorized to do this and not be suffering from shame about slipping on your diet. This is because many of the well-known fast food restaurants on the market are trying to “healthy up” their menus. Here is how one can find healthy food at the drive through.
Your beverage ought to be water or juice or milk. When you sip a large soft drink you are introducing too much empty calories to your day. A single portion of soda is normally thought to be eight ounces. Those eight ounces tend to be at least 100 calories and about ten tablespoons of sugar. Most fast food soft drinks are no less than twenty ounces large. Thirty ounces, however, is a lot more common. This shows that your drink alone will put a multitude of ounces of sugar into your body as well as several thousand empty calories. It is much healthier to choose milk, juice or perhaps standard water.
Common logic tells us that one sure way to get healthy and lose fat is to skip the drive through and to banish fast food restaurants from your thoughts. While this is usually a good idea all you need to do is make a couple of good selections and traveling to the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Sometimes the best thing is to let other people make your dinner. If you decide on healthy things, the guilt usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to french traditional recipe onion soup recipe. You can cook french traditional recipe onion soup using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare French Traditional Recipe Onion Soup:
- Provide 6 large and sweet onions
- Provide 30 ml (1 oz) extra virgin olive oil (2 tablespoons)
- You need 60 g (2 oz) butter
- Take 1 clove garlic
- Get 2 (70 oz.) Liters of meat broth
- Take 12 slices baguette bread
- You need 3 tablespoons wheat flour
- Use 1 teaspoon sugar
- Get Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Use 30 ml (1 oz) brandy or cognac
- Provide 120 g (4 oz) soft grated cheese (Gruyère type)
Instructions to make French Traditional Recipe Onion Soup:
- In this Onion French Soup we must use sweet onions, we will find them in any market. If another type of onion is used but the flavor will no longer be equally soft and sweet
- Peel the sweet onions and cut them into julienne (lengthwise and thinly sliced). we put them in a bowl.
- We choose a large casserole, heat the oil in the bottom of the casserole. We add butter, which is the true basis of this French soup.
- When it has melted and mixed with the olive oil, add the onions and finely chopped garlic
- If we have not used sweet onions, add a spoonful of sugar. Sprinkle the flour in the pan and stir gently to mix well. The effect of the flour with the onion and especially the butter is called Roux, it will help us to bind and thicken the soup.
- Add the brandy and let 2 minutes evaporate to the alcohol.
- We introduce the broth that could be meat, vegetables or chicken. Bring all these ingredients to a boil for 15-20 minutes over a very low heat. - Cut the bread into thin slices and toast them lightl
- Onion French Soup, is a liquid soup but it can be transformed into creamy. It adds a little starch that gives a texture between soup and cream. - - A recipe worthy of both a first course and a main one in a simple and special dinner for cold nights
If you find this French Traditional Recipe Onion Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.