Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Chickpea Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chickpea Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chickpea Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Nutritious Fast Food.
Almost every “get healthy” and “weight loss” posting you study will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is literally very true. Now and then, though, you totally do not wish to make a whole meal for your family or even just for yourself. Sometimes just about all you desperately want is to go to the drive through and get home as quickly as possible. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be allowed to do this and not be suffering from remorse about slipping on your diet. This is because many of the famous fast food restaurants around are trying to “healthy up” their choices. Here is the way to find healthy food at the drive through.
Choose your drive through according to if it has healthier options available. Arby’s for instance, is void of burgers. Instead, the choices consist of roast beef and chicken sandwiches, wraps and big salads. While Wendy’s has made hamburgers for decades, in addition they have plenty of other healthy options like salads, baked potatoes and chili. Not everything is McDonalds using its deep fried chicken parts as well as other terribly unhealthy items.
Traditional logic tells us that one positive way to get healthy and lose fat is to by pass the drive through and to banish fast food restaurants from your thoughts. While this is usually recommended all you need to do is make a number of good choices and going to the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Occasionally, letting someone else cook dinner is just what you require. When you select healthy menu items, you do not have to feel guilty about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chickpea soup recipe. To make chickpea soup you need 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Chickpea Soup:
- Use 2 1⁄4 cups dried chickpeas, soaked overnight (19 oz can)
- Prepare 2 tbsp olive oil
- Provide 1 onion finely chopped
- Provide 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- You need 1 lb swiss chard trimmed and finely sliced
- Use 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Get 14 oz can chopped tomatoes
- Provide Salt and pepper
- You need Slices toasted bread, to serve
Steps to make Chickpea Soup:
- Drain the chickpeas and put in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water and bring to a boil, using a slotted spoon to skim off any foam. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 1-1 1⁄4 hours, or until tender, adding water if necessary.
- Drain the chickpeas, reserving the cooking water. Season the chickpeas with salt and pepper. Put 2⁄3 in a food processor or blender with some of the cooking water and process until smooth, adding more cooking water as needed. Return to the saucepan.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan, then add the onion and garlic and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion has softened. Add the chard and rosemary sprigs and cook, stirring frequently, for 3-4 minutes. Add the tomatoes and remaining chickpeas and cook for another 5 minutes, or until the tomatoes have broken down to an almost smooth sauce. Remove the rosemary sprigs.
- Add the chard and tomato mixture to the chickpea puree and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Serve in warmed soup bowls with warm slices of toasted bread on the side.
If you find this Chickpea Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.