Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Good For You.
Almost every “get healthy” and “weight loss” posting you study will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. There’s some value to that. Sometimes, though, the last thing you need is to have to cook a meal from scratch. Sometimes all you want is to go to the drive through and get home quickly. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be allowed to do this and not be plagued by guilt about slipping on your diet. This may be possible because an abundance of the popular fast food destinations making the effort to make their menus healthier now. Here’s how you’ll be able to eat healthfully when you are at a fast food restaurant.
Go with the side dishes. Not too long ago, the only real side dish item available at a fast food restaurant was French fries. Now most of the fast food choices have been widened a great deal. Now you may get several different salads. You might get chili. You could possibly get baked potatoes. You can choose fruit. There are a lot of alternatives that don’t involve eating something deep fried. Instead of the pre-determined “meal deals” try to create a meal from side dishes. When you choose to do this you can keep your fat content as well as your calorie counts low.
Logic claims that one the simplest way to stay healthy and balanced is to sidestep the drive through and never eat fast food. Most of the time this is a good concept but if you make good choices, there is not any reason you can’t visit your drive through from time to time. Sometimes the best thing is to let someone else produce your dinner. If you choose healthy products, the shame usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo recipe. To cook easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo you need 27 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo:
- Get 1⁄2 head broccoli or 2-3 broccoli stems
- Prepare 1 Zucchini
- Prepare 100 g asparagus
- Take 1-2 carrots or 1 cup of frozen peas (for bulk)
- Get 300 g Kale, Bok Choy, Collard greens or a combinaton
- Provide 1 Celery stick
- Prepare 1 small leek
- Get 3-4 Shallots or 1 large / 2 medium onions
- You need 3-4 cloves Garlic
- Prepare 1.5 L Vegetable (or chicken) stock or water (more if more vegetables)
- Get 2 Bayleaf
- Use 2-3 kaffir lime leaf
- Prepare 200 g - 300g Fresh spinach
- Provide For spices / garnish
- Take 2-3 Kaffir like leaf or 1 tbs lime zest
- Use 2 Bay leaves
- You need 1 tbs Lemongrass paste or 2 lemongrass sticks
- Use 1 tbs Galangal or ginger or 1 thumb-size fresh ginger, chopped
- You need 1 tablespoon Sweet basil
- Get 1 tbs oregano
- Use 1 tbs thyme
- Provide 1 teaspoon mint
- Get 1⁄2 teaspoon chives (optional)
- Get Optional: 1 low-sodium, organic vegetable stock cube
- Get to taste salt & pepper
- You need Olive oil or Ghee (to saute onions, garlic & leak)
- Take 1 bunch fresh parsley (replace with dry if not available)
Instructions to make Easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo:
- Chop up all vegetables for the soup. You will add them to the water in order of 'hardness' as not to overcook softer vegetables.
- Put Ghee or olive oil in a pan and saute onion / shallots and garlic on medium fire, stirring the entire time. Cook until onion / shallots become clear, but not brow. Add leak and ginger (if fresh) and saute for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock and 'hard' vegetables - carrots, broccoli stems, peas, etc + any vegetables that are frozen.
- Add all the spices and herbs, with the exception of fresh parsley.
- Cook on low-medium fire until the hardest vegetable (eg carrot) is soft enough to pierce with a fork but still crunchy. Add medium hard vegetables, such as broccoli, Kale, asparagus. Note: Asparagus stems need to cook longer than asparagus tips. Cook for 3-4 few minutes and then add zucchini. Cook until broccoli can be pierced with a fork. Add more water if required throughout cooking.
- Add spinach and cook until it wilts - should not be more than 2 minutes so that it stays green. This adds wonderful green colour to the soup. Note: if using frozen spinach, add it at the same time as zucchini.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool to room temperature.
- Combine the cooked ingredients in the blender with a generous amount of fresh parsley and purée until desired consistency.
- Garnish with sprouts, seeds, or flaked almonds. You can also add a tablespoon or two of cooked quinoa for a filling full-meal.
- The soup freezes extremely well so you can apportion it to desired quantities and take out during the week. (you may need to add water once heated up)
If you find this Easy green vegetable lemongrass soup #vegan #vegetarian #gluten-free #paleo recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.