Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect BgCtGal's Quick & Easy Seafood Gumbo recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best BgCtGal's Quick & Easy Seafood Gumbo recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to BgCtGal's Quick & Easy Seafood Gumbo recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Nutritious Fast Food.
Just about any article you read about bettering your health or slimming down is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. This is actually very true. But sometimes the last thing you want to do is make a whole supper for yourself and your family. Sometimes just about all you want is to go to the drive through and get home as quickly as possible. There is no reason that you shouldn’t be able to do this once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. You are able to do this because most of the popular joints are now promoting “healthy” menu alternatives to keep their businesses up. Here is how you can find healthy food at the drive through.
Visit a drive through at a place which has made it a practice to supply healthier options to people. For instance, Arby’s doesn’t provide hamburgers. Instead, your options include roast beef and chicken sandwiches, wraps and big salads. Wendy’s, obviously, is known for its square burgers, but the menu there has a bundle of healthy choices like salad, potatoes and chili. Not many fast food spots are as unhealthy as McDonalds with its deep fried every little thing.
Logic claims that one the simplest way to stay balanced is to avoid the drive through and never eat fast food. While this is usually recommended all you need to do is make a few good decisions and going to the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Sometimes the thing you need is to let someone else create your dinner. When you choose healthy menu items, you do not have to feel bad about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to bgctgal's quick & easy seafood gumbo recipe. To make bgctgal's quick & easy seafood gumbo you only need 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare BgCtGal's Quick & Easy Seafood Gumbo:
- Use 1 cup onion, sweet red yellow orange peppers, chopped
- Provide 1⁄2 packages smoked sausage (your choice)
- Take 1 tomato
- Prepare 1 boneless chicken breast
- Get 2 small chicken boullion cube
- Provide 1 small beef boullion cube
- You need 1 packages medium gulf shrimp
- Take 1 packages shelled crawfish tails Bordeux brand
- Provide 2 can lump white crabmeat
- You need 1 lb bay scallops
- Get 1 can tomato soup
- Provide 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour (for Roux)
- Get 1⁄8 cup vegetable oil
- Prepare 3 slice butter (for roux color)
- Get 1 tbsp cajun or creole seasoning
- Prepare 1 tbsp Gumbo file (optional for those who don't like Okra)
- Take packages frozen Okra (Optional)
- Take 1 cup chicken broth
Steps to make BgCtGal's Quick & Easy Seafood Gumbo:
- Cook oil and flour to make Roux. Keep flour and oil on low stirring periodically to keep from burning. Butter helps to darken the Roux. (Can be baked in oven until desired color too!)
- Once Roux is desired color, add all vegetables, sausage, chicken, and all seasonings. Cook 20 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, diced tomatoes and tomato soup cook 30 minutes stirring occassionally
- Add lump crab, crawfish, shrimp cook 10 minutes
- Add bay scallops (medium to small) your desire
- Add Gumbo File (optional) cook another 10 to 15 Mins
- Eat with Rice or Oyster crackers
If you find this BgCtGal's Quick & Easy Seafood Gumbo recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.