Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Harira - Red Lentil Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Harira - Red Lentil Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Harira - Red Lentil Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Healthy Fast Food.
Almost every “get healthy” and “weight loss” article you read will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is literally very true. From time to time, though, you totally do not wish to make a whole meal for your family or even just for yourself. Once in a while you need to visit the drive through while you are on your way home and end the day. Why shouldn’t you have the ability to do this from time to time and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet program? You can do this because lots of the popular joints are now promoting “healthy” menu options to keep their businesses up. Here is how one can find appropriate food choices at the drive through.
Select water, juice or perhaps milk as a beverage. Choosing a huge soda as your beverage contributes hundreds of unhealthy calories to your meal. One helping of soda pop is eight oz.. That helping typically contains a minimum of a hundred calories and more than a few tablespoons of sugar. A fast food soda is almost always at the very least twenty ounces. It is usually a minimum of 30 ounces. This means that your drink alone will put a multitude of ounces of sugar into your body as well as several thousand empty calories. Milk, fruit juices or plain water are more healthy choices.
Simple logic states that the simplest way to lose weight and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet completely. Most of the time this is a good plan but if you make beneficial choices, there’s no reason you can’t visit your drive through from time to time. Every now and then, permitting someone else cook dinner is just the thing you need. There isn’t any reason to feel bad about going to the drive through when you make healthful decisions!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to harira - red lentil soup recipe. To make harira - red lentil soup you need 21 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Harira - Red Lentil Soup:
- Take 1 large onion (chopped)
- Provide 1 large carrot (chopped)
- Prepare 1⁄3 cup parsley (finely chopped)
- Get 1⁄2 cup cilantro (finely chopped)
- Use 6 clove garlic (minced)
- You need 2 tbsp ginger (finely minced)
- Prepare 1 tsp turmeric
- Take 1 tsp cinnamon
- Take 1 tsp cumin
- Get 1 tsp cayenne
- Use 2 tsp pimentón dulce (or other smoked sweet paprika)
- Use 1⁄2 tsp pepper (or more to taste)
- You need 2 tsp salt (or more to taste)
- You need 28 oz diced tomatoes
- Use 1 1⁄4 cup red lentils (dry)
- Get 8 cup vegetable broth
- You need 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Provide side (garnish)
- Provide 4 limes (cut into small wedges)
- Use 1 bunch of cilantro (finely chopped)
- Take 6 pita breads (or toasted sliced baguette)
Steps to make Harira - Red Lentil Soup:
- Heat olive oil in large pot or dutch oven. Sauté onion, carrot, parsley and cilantro until caramelized.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in the garlic, ginger and all of the spices. Sauté until fragrant; less than a minute.
- Add lentils, tomatoes, and broth. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 50 minutes, or until the lentils have cooked thoroughly and soup has thickened. Salt to taste.
- Serve with fresh lime wedges, chopped cilantro and toasted bread of your choice.
If you find this Harira - Red Lentil Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.