Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Below Are A Few Simple Reasons Why Eating Apples Is Good.
On TV as well as in magazines everybody is telling you to eat an apple a day, however, have you ever asked yourself why? Many men and women have lived with this viewpoint for many years, and they in addition pass this on to their children. You will even find that people in other country’s also follow this simple rule and they don’t even know why. In our research we have found out why you are told to eat an apple a day and we will be sharing that with you here.
So what can all these vitamins and minerals do for the actual overall health of your body. You might or might not be aware that apples may actually help reduce risks of different cancers, and that is due to all the things in apples. And on the actual list of cancers in which apples can help reduce the chances of is colon cancer and even lung cancer. I don’t know about you however, when I read that I went out and bought an entire bag of apples.
To conclude, I guess an apple a day actually can keep the doctor away and now you recognize why. The one thing you should recognize is that we only discussed a handful of the benefits of eating apples. All of the benefits would take us too much time to include in this article, but the information is out there. When you go shopping again, be sure to purchase quite a few apples, their in the produce department. You will find that your overall health could greatly be benefited by eating apples.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to 15 bean cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice recipe. To cook 15 bean cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice you need 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice:
- Take 1 bag (20 oz) hurst ham beens 15 bean cajun soup mix
- Take 1 medium white or yellow onion diced
- Take 1⁄2 green bell pepper diced
- Get 1⁄2 red bell pepper diced
- Prepare 3⁄4 cup celery diced
- You need 3 cloves garlic minced
- Provide Seasoning packet from beans
- Get 2 tablespoons parsley
- You need 4 cups filtered water
- Provide 4 cups chicken broth
- Provide 1 ham hock
- Prepare 2 packs (12 oz) each beef smoked sausage sliced and halfed
- Prepare Juice of 1 small lemon
- Get 1 can (14.5 oz) petite diced tomatoes don't drain
- Use 2 teaspoons Italian seasonings
- Get 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Provide 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Prepare 2 tablespoons butter
- Take For rice 👇
- You need 3 cups white instant rice
- Prepare 3 cups filtered water
- Take 2 teaspoons sea salt
- Provide 1 teaspoon pepper
- Provide 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Take 4 tablespoons butter
Instructions to make 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice:
- Rinse and sort through beans and check for unwanted debris and discard.
- In slow cooker add beans, onion, peppers, garlic, celery, parsley, seasoning packet, broth and water. Mix up and add ham hock in.
- Cover and cook on high for 8 or 9 hours (don't open lid while cooking)
- Brown sausage in a skillet on medium high heat and set aside in refrigerator till ready for use.
- After 8 hours check beans for doneness. If tender remove ham hock and remove fatty outside and shred and add to soup. Add in browned sausage, tomatoes, Italian seasonings, lemon juice, butter, salt and pepper. Stir up and cover and continue to cook for about 30 more minutes
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and then add in rice, butter, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes covered.
- Serve with rice and enjoy with some buttered cornbread on the side
If you find this 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.