Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect PA Dutch Chicken Pot Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to PA Dutch Chicken Pot Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Deciding on Healthy and balanced Fast Food.
Just about any article you read about improving your health or slimming down is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. This is certainly very good information. Once in a while, though, you definitely do not wish to make a full meal for your family or even just for yourself. Sometimes you just would like to hit the drive through en route to your home and call it a day. Why shouldn’t you be able to do this every now and then and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet program? This can be done because an abundance of the popular fast food places are attempting to make their menus healthier now. Here is how to eat healthy when you reach the drive through.
Choose your drive through depending on whether it has more healthy options available. Arby’s for example, is void of burgers. As an alternative you’ll be able to select from roast beef sandwiches, salads, wraps as well as other healthier items. Wendy’s, not surprisingly, is known for its square burgers, even so the menu there has a considerable amount of healthful choices like salad, potatoes and chili. Most fast food eating places will not stoop to the harmful lows seen at McDonalds.
Common logic tells us that one positive way to get healthy and shed pounds is to skip the drive through and to banish fast food restaurants from your thoughts. While this is usually a good suggestion all you need to do is make a number of good choices and traveling to the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Occasionally, letting someone else cook dinner is just the thing you need. If you choose healthy products, the shame usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to pa dutch chicken pot pie recipe. You can have pa dutch chicken pot pie using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook PA Dutch Chicken Pot Pie:
- Use 4 cups Cooked Chicken -about
- Take 8 large potatoes
- Use 2 lbs baby carrots
- Take 1 jar chicken soup base
- You need 2 bags potpie noodles
- Get 2 tablespoons cornstarch/1 cup cold water
Steps to make PA Dutch Chicken Pot Pie:
- In large stockpot start with 12 cups of water. Add soup base until fully dissolved.
- Once broth is to a simmer add precooked chicken, carrots and potatoes. NOTE - peel and cut potatoes into quarters. Add salt and pepper to taste. I usually add about a tbsp of both.
- Simmer covered on low for 1⁄2 hour or until carrots and potatoes are fork tender.
- Mix cornstarch with COLD water and mix into soup. Bring back to a simmer.
- Slowly add noodles. I usually drop 2-4 at a time in different spots so they don't clump together. Stir frequently.
- After all noodles have been added simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let rest for 1⁄2 hour. During this time it will thicken and the flavor will grow.
- Serve as you would soup or stew!
If you find this PA Dutch Chicken Pot Pie recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.