Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Simple Chicken Vegetable Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Simple Chicken Vegetable Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Simple Chicken Vegetable Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Deciding on Healthy and balanced Fast Food.
Almost every single “get healthy” and “weight loss” article you read will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is actually very true. Now and then, though, you totally do not need to make an entire meal for your family or even just for yourself. Sometimes you just would like to go to the drive through on the way home and call it a day. There is simply no reason that you shouldn’t be able to do that once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. This is because most popular fast food restaurants on the market are trying to “healthy up” their choices. Here is the way to eat healthy when you reach the drive through.
Focus on the sides. It has not been that long ago that all you could get in a fast food diner was French Fries. Today the majority of the most popular fast food franchises have enhanced their choices. Now you may get a range of salads. Chili is definitely another selection. You can also get a baked potato. You can make fruit. There are a lot of alternatives that don’t include eating anything deep fried. When you order your supper through a drive through window, opt for side dishes instead of just grabbing something premade. When you are doing this you can keep your fat content and calorie counts low.
Standard logic tells us that one sure way to get healthy and lose fat is to skip the drive through and to banish fast food restaurants from your thoughts. While, in most cases, this is a good plan, if you make smart choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Every now and then, permitting someone else cook dinner is just the thing you need. When you choose healthy menu items, you do not have to feel terrible about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to simple chicken vegetable soup recipe. You can cook simple chicken vegetable soup using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Simple Chicken Vegetable Soup:
- Prepare 1 onion, finely chopped
- Prepare 1 carrot, cubed
- Use 1 stalk celery, chopped
- Take 1⁄2 lb (225 g) boneless chicken thigh, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Take 3 cups water or vegetable broth
- Provide 1 bay leaf
- You need 1 tsp dried thyme or a couple sprigs fresh
- Take to taste Salt and pepper
- Use Parsley to garnish (optional)
Steps to make Simple Chicken Vegetable Soup:
- Sauté onions in olive oil until translucent, 5-10 minutes.
- Add chicken and sauté until all sides have turned color.
- Add the carrots, celery and bay leaf and pour in about 3 cups of water so all ingredients are well covered.
- Bring to a boil and turn to low. There will probably be some foamy stuff that appears in the soup so skim that off and discard.
- Once you've skimmed the soup, add the thyme. Cover and simmer on low for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, check the flavor of the soup and salt & pepper to taste. If too much liquid has evaporated, you can add a little bit more water or stock.
- Dish out into bowls and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
If you find this Simple Chicken Vegetable Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.