Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Fine For You.
Almost every single article about reducing your weight and getting healthy explains readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague as well as to carry out all of their own cooking. There’s some benefit to this. But occasionally the last thing you would like to do is put together a whole meal for yourself and your family. Sometimes almost all you want is to go to the drive through and get home quickly. Why shouldn’t you be able to do this every so often and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet regime? This is because most popular fast food restaurants around are trying to “healthy up” their selections. Here is how you can find healthy food choices at the drive through.
Select water, juice or perhaps milk as a drink. Drinking a large soda allows hundreds of empty fat laden calories into your diet. A sole helping of soda is typically thought to be eight ounces. That serving typically is made up of a minimum of a hundred calories and more than a few tablespoons of sugar. Most fast food soft drinks are a minimum of twenty ounces large. It is usually at least 30 ounces. This shows that your drink alone will put a large number of ounces of sugar into your body as well as several thousand empty calories. Water, fruit juice and milk, however, are far better choices.
Logic claims that one of the best ways to stay balanced is to avoid the drive through and never eat fast food. While, usually, this is a good idea, if you make intelligent choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Every now and then, allowing someone else cook dinner is just what you need. There isn’t any reason to feel guilty about going to the drive through when you make healthy and balanced decisions!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to creamy chicken noodle soup recipe. To cook creamy chicken noodle soup you need 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup:
- You need 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- Take 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Get 1⁄2 yellow onion, diced
- You need 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- Get 1 stalk celery, diced
- Prepare 2 cloves garlic, minced
- You need 2 tbsp. all purpose flour
- Prepare 7 cups unsalted chicken broth
- Take 2 medium potatoes, scrubbed and diced (optional)
- You need 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- Take 2 cups wide egg noodles (or whatever pasta shape you prefer)
- You need 1 tsp. salt
- Get 1⁄2 tsp. pepper
- Take 1⁄4 tsp. dried thyme, dried rosemary, poultry seasoning
- Prepare 3⁄4 cup cream (could also use half & half or whole milk)
- Get 1 tbsp. chopped parsley
Instructions to make Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup:
- Melt the butter and olive oil together in a large pot (4 quart or larger) over medium-low heat. Once the butter has melted, add the carrots, onions and celery with a pinch of salt and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then stir in the garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes more. Sprinkle the flour over the veggies and stir to incorporate. Stir and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the broth, shredded chicken and the seasonings. Increase the heat to medium-high and let this come to a low boil. Once it begins to boil, stir in the diced potatoes and let them simmer for 2 or so minutes. Then stir in the egg noodles and let simmer for 8-9 minutes more, until the noodles and potatoes are both soft.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Stir in the parsley and while stirring, slowly drizzle in the cream until it is all added and incorporated. That's it! Serve immediately.
- Refrigerate any leftovers in a large Tupperware container. To reheat, place desired amount in a small saucepan. Add a bit of extra broth, because the noodles will absorb a lot of the liquid during refrigeration. Bring to a simmer and simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes or so.
If you find this Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.