Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Potato & Leek Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato & Leek Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Here Are Some Simple Reasons Why Eating Apples Is Good.
On TV and in magazines everyone is telling you to eat an apple a day, having said that, have you ever asked yourself why? Many people have lived with this philosophy for many years, and they additionally pass this on to their children. This concept is known all over the world and people just take it as fact without knowing if this is really true. You will be delighted to know that we have completed a little research, and we are going to teach you why this is considered a miracle fruit.
So what can all these minerals and vitamins do for the actual overall health of your body. Well to begin with there have been quite a few studies done that report that eating apples can reduce the potential risk of various cancers. And also by eating apples you can actually lessen your chances of getting breast or lung cancer. I am not sure about you however, when I read that I went out and purchased an entire bag of apples.
And now you know why men and women tell you that you should eat an apple every day. The huge benefits we covered are only a handful of of the benefits that eating apples can offer. All of the benefits would take us to much time to include in this article, however the information is out there. I am hoping that the the very next time you go to the supermarket you end up getting plenty of apples. These apples could wind up helping you to live a longer and also healthier life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to potato & leek soup recipe. To make potato & leek soup you need 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Potato & Leek Soup:
- You need 4 Potatoes
- Get 2 Leeks
- You need 3 Mushrooms
- You need 1⁄2 Large Onion
- Provide 4 Cloves Garlic
- Use 1 Celery Stalk
- Use 4 Slices Thick Cut Bacon
- You need 4 1⁄2 Cups Chicken Stock
- Provide Black Pepper
- Use Seasoned Salt
- Provide Creole Seasoning
- Provide Parsley Flakes
- Take Parmesan Cheese
- You need 4 Tbs Butter
- Provide Half & Half
Instructions to make Potato & Leek Soup:
- Get a pot of water boiling for the potatoes immediately. Bring to a boil while washing and prepping veggies. Slowly cook bacon while preforming afore mentioned tasks.
- Remove bacon and allow to drain. Place veggies into bacon fat and sauté. Season. After sweating vegetables, add in chicken stock. Bring to a boil, then a slow simmer.
- Remove potatoes and mash with butter and Half & Half. The amount of liquid will depend on the size of the potatoes. Feel it out. Season. Add mashed potatoes to soup and whisk in.
- After brought back to a simmer, add in Half & Half. Use enough to make it change color. Chop three slices of bacon and add to soup. (If you don’t have enough Chicken Stock, you can use some of the potato water, by the way).
- Plate. Finish with parsley flakes, a bit of grated Parmesan cheese and some of the remaining piece of bacon.
If you find this Potato & Leek Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.