Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Chawanmushi (Savoury Custard Soup) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Chawanmushi (Savoury Custard Soup) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chawanmushi (Savoury Custard Soup) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Good For You.
Almost every single article about reducing your weight and getting healthy explains readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague and to carry out all of their own cooking. There’s some benefit to this. From time to time, though, the last thing you want is to have to prepare an evening meal from scratch. Sometimes just about all you really want is to go to the drive through and get home as quickly as possible. Why shouldn’t you have the ability to do this every now and then and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet? This is because many of the famous fast food restaurants around are trying to “healthy up” their menus. Here is how you can find appropriate food choices at the drive through.
Concentrate on the sides. It has not been that long ago that all you could get at a fast food cafe was French Fries. Now more or less all of the well-known fast food places have broadened their menus. There are lots of salads out there these days. You could also select Chili. You can also purchase a baked potato. Fruit is generally obtainable. There are plenty of wholesome options that do not consist of putting something deep fried into your body. When you order your supper through a drive through window, choose side dishes instead of just grabbing something premade. When you are doing this you can keep your fat content and also calorie counts low.
Logic states that that one of the best ways to stay healthy is to sidestep the drive through and never eat fast food. While, in most cases, this is a good plan, if you make intelligent choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Sometimes the best thing is to let someone else produce your dinner. If you choose healthy items, the remorse usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chawanmushi (savoury custard soup) recipe. To cook chawanmushi (savoury custard soup) you only need 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chawanmushi (Savoury Custard Soup):
- Use 4 Eggs
- Use *Note: If the volume of the 4 eggs is 200ml, you need 500ml of Soup. (200ml x 2.5 = 500ml)
- You need 500 ml Dashi Stock
- Take 1 tablespoon Mirin
- Provide 1⁄2 teaspoon Salt
- Take 2 teaspoons Soy Sauce
- Get <Other Ingredients Suggestion>
- Prepare Chicken (*marinated with small amount of Soy Sauce for a few minutes)
- Use Small Prawns, Small Scallops, Fish, Tofu, Fish Balls, Udon,
- Provide Spinach, Shiitake (*sliced), Enoki, Carrot (*boiled),
- Provide Italian Parsley (or 'Shungiku', 'Mitsuba')
Steps to make Chawanmushi (Savoury Custard Soup):
- Make Clear Soup. Heat Dashi Stock and season with Mirin, Salt and Soy Sauce in a saucepan, and let it cool down so that it can be mixed with Eggs.
- Whisk Eggs in a mixing bowl and add warm Soup gradually and mix well. We are often taught to pour the egg mixture through a fine strainer to make it smooth, but I don’t do that. Just remove bubbles from the mixture.
- Prepare other ingredients. My method doesn’t pre-cook Chicken or Seafood, so you should use small ones or cut them into small pieces.
- Spinach needs preparation. Wash Spinach well and cook in boiling water until tender. Dip in cold water to stop cooking further, drain well and squeeze to remove excess water. Cut about 4cm.
- Place the ingredients in small bowls, cups, ramekins or whatever you use.
- Pour the egg mixture over the ingredients carefully. Place a young Italian parsley leaf or 'Shungiku' on top. In Japan, most commonly 'Mitsuba' leaf is placed on top, but Italian parsley tastes very similar. And it is optional.
- Cook them in hot steamer or microwave oven. OR you may prefer cooking them in the oven in the same way to cook Creme Brûlée.
- Serve 'Chawanmushi' with small spoons.
If you find this Chawanmushi (Savoury Custard Soup) recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.