Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Cheesy Sausage & Potato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cheesy Sausage & Potato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Deciding on Wholesome Fast Food.
Almost every single “get healthy” and “weight loss” document you go through will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is literally very true. Now and then, though, you totally do not need to make a whole meal for your family or even just for yourself. Sometimes just about all you really want is to go to the drive through and get home as quickly as possible. Why shouldn’t you have the ability to do this every so often and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet regime? This is because most famous fast food restaurants on the market are trying to “healthy up” their selections. Here is how to eat healthy and balanced when you hit the drive through.
Go for the side dishes. It wasn’t that long ago that French Fries were your sole side dish option at a restaurant. Now virtually all of the popular fast food places have broadened their menus. There are many salads around now. Chili can be a different choice. You can get baked potatoes. You can get fruit. There are so many possibilities that you can choose that do not force you to eat foods that have been deep fried. When deciding on your meal from the drive through, choose a variety of side items instead of choosing a pre-made “meal deal”. This can help you keep your calorie count low and lower your fat intake.
Logic says that one of the best ways to stay healthy and balanced is to bypass the drive through and never eat fast food. While, for the most part, this is a good plan, if you make smart choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Often what you need most is just to have another person do the cooking. When you choose healthy menu items, you do not have to feel terrible about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to cheesy sausage & potato soup recipe. To make cheesy sausage & potato soup you only need 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Cheesy Sausage & Potato Soup:
- Use 2 lbs russet potatoes (cut into 1” cubes)
- Provide 1 lb smoked sausage (cut into 1/4” slices)
- Provide 6 Oz cream cheese (softened)
- Use 8 Oz cream of celery soup
- You need 2⁄3 envelope onion soup mix
- Take 2 cups white cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Provide 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- Prepare 2 cups water
- Take 1 1⁄2 cup milk
- You need 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- Provide 1 medium jalapeño (sliced, optional)
Instructions to make Cheesy Sausage & Potato Soup:
- Place potatoes at the bottom of the slow cooker with 2 cups water.
- In a medium bowl blend cream cheese, cream of celery soup, onion soup mix, cream, jalapeño (optional) and cajun seasoning. Pour the cheese mixture over the potatoes and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hrs.
- After 3 hrs, add sausage, stir and continue cooking for remainder.
- After checking to make sure potatoes are cooked through, give it a good stir. Add milk and cheddar and continue to stir until well combined. Cook an additional 30 minutes on low.
- Top with more shredded cheese if desired and serve.
If you find this Cheesy Sausage & Potato Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.