Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Why Are Apples So Good With Regard To Your Health.
Everybody has heard the phrase “an apple a day will keep the doctor away”, nevertheless the question is, is this genuinely a true statement. This is something that many men and women live by and they also make sure their children are eating at least one apple a day. You will even find that people in other country’s also adhere to this simple rule and they do not know why. In our research we have learned why you are told to eat an apple a day and we will be discussing that with you here.
Your heart is another thing that can be helped by consuming apples. I am certain you know that apples have fiber, and that, as well as some of the other components of apples can promote heart health. These ingredients will also help to reduce your cholesterol, which is also good for promoting heart health. The particular skin of the apple is where a lot of the healthy vitamins and minerals can end up being found in an apple. And your best option is to locate a local farm that grows only organic apples and be sure you eat the skin also so you can get the most advantages of the apple.
To sum up, I guess an apple a day actually can keep the doctor away and now you recognize why. One thing you should understand is that we only mentioned a handful of the benefits of eating apples. All of the benefits would take us too long to include in this post, however the information is out there. When you go shopping again, don’t forget to buy a number of apples, their in the produce department. These apples can lead to helping you to live a longer and also healthier life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to jon’s green split peas soup with feta cheese and bacon bruscheta recipe. To cook jon’s green split peas soup with feta cheese and bacon bruscheta you only need 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA:
- Take 1 lb. dry split green peas
- Get 4 smoked bacon slices
- Provide 2 tbsp. bacon fat
- Use 2 garlic cloves, minced
- You need 1 cup onions, small diced
- Take 2⁄3 cup carrot, small diced
- You need 2⁄3 cup celery, small diced
- Get 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- Prepare 1 tsp. fresh oregano, chopped
- Get 1 tbsp. basil leaves cut in strips
- You need 1 chicken cube chicken bouillon
- Prepare 1 tsp. salt
- Take 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Get 8 cups pork stock, chicken stock or water
- Provide feta cheese bruscheta
- Provide 12 baguette bread slices
- Take 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Prepare 2 garlic cloves, minced
- You need 2 smoked bacon slices cooked and diced
- Take 2⁄3 cup feta cheese, small diced
- Provide 2 tsp. chopped oregano
- Provide 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Use 1⁄2 tsp. paprika powder
Instructions to make JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA:
- The green split peas, I like to leave them soaking in cold water the night before. Next day drain the water. - Place the bacon in a cooking sheet pan and cook in the oven until crispy. Remove the bacon, make bacon chips and set aside. - Pour the bacon fat in large pot. Add and sauté onion and garlic together.
- Add celery and carrot, cover and let it sweat for a few minutes. - Incorporate the water or stock, bring it to a boil, lower the flame and slowly cook for about 45 minutes until peas are soft. - Once the peas are soft purée them using an immersion blender.
- Add fresh herbs and cook for 5 minutes more.
- FETA CHEESE BRUSCHETA - Place the bread slices in a baking sheet pan and brush them with the olive oil. - Place the sheet pan in the oven and lightly brown the top. - In a bowl mix the garlic, bacon, feta cheese and oregano.
- Cover bread slices with the feta cheese mix. Mix parmesan cheese with paprika and sprinkle on top. - Put the baking pan back in the oven and toast the top until golden brown.
- Serve the soup with the bruschetta and bacon chips.
If you find this JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.