Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Fine For You.
Almost each and every “get healthy” and “weight loss” article you study will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is actually very true. Now and then, though, you definitely do not want to make an entire meal for your family or even just for yourself. Sometimes you just would like to go to the drive through en route to your home and call it a day. There is zero reason that you simply shouldn’t be able to make it happen once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. You are able to do this because many of the popular joints are now marketing “healthy” menu alternatives to keep their businesses up. Here is how you can find healthy food choices at the drive through.
Aim toward the side dishes. It wasn’t that long ago that all you could get in a fast food diner was French Fries. Today almost all of the most popular fast food franchises have improved their choices. There are lots of salads out there these days. Chili can be a different option. Baked potatoes may also be bought. Fruit is generally obtainable. There are a lot of options that you can choose that do not force you to eat foods that have been deep fried. When you order your meal through a drive through window, opt for side dishes instead of just grabbing something premade. When you are doing this you are able to keep your fat content and calorie counts low.
Basic logic states that the proper way to lose weight and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet entirely. Most of the time this is a good plan but if you make good choices, there is not any reason you can’t visit your drive through from time to time. Often what you require most is just to have somebody else do the cooking. If you choose healthy products, the guilt usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. To make french onion soup you only need 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make French Onion Soup:
- Provide 4 Tbsp butter
- Use 4 Tbsp olive oil
- Take 7 cups sliced onions (about 7 medium onions)
- Take 3 Tbsp flour
- Prepare 8 cups beef broth (I use 8 cups water and 8 packets beef bovril)
- You need 1 clove garlic sliced
- You need 1 tsp sugar
- You need 1 cup dry white wine
- Provide 1 stick French bread sliced into 1⁄2 or 3⁄4 inch thick pieces
- Provide Swiss gruyere or mozzarella cheese (thinly sliced or grated)
Steps to make French Onion Soup:
- Melt butter in large sauce pan then add 2 Tbsp olive oil.
- Stir in onions, garlic and sugar.
- Cook uncovered over low to medium heat, stirring occasionally for 20 to 30 minutes or until onions are golden brown.
- Sprinkle flour over onions and cook for another 1 or 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add beef stock and wine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered for another 30 to 40 minutes.
- While the soup simmers, prepare the bread.
- Brush bread slices lightly with remaining olive oil on both sides and put on pan in 350 degree oven. Lightly toast each side (turn part way).
- Ladle soup into individual oven proof bowls and top with 2 or 3 slices of French bread followed by the cheese.
- Put oven proof bowls on a baking pan and bake in 350 degree for 10 to 20 minutes until cheese is melted.
If you find this French Onion Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.