Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Apples Can Have Enormous Advantages For Your Health.
On TV plus in magazines everybody is telling you to eat an apple a day, even so, have you ever asked yourself why? This is something that many individuals live by and they also make certain their children are eating at least one apple a day. You will even find that people in other country’s also follow this simple rule and they do not know why. In our research we have discovered why you are told to eat an apple a day and we’ll be sharing that with you here.
At this time we are going to show you the reason why these minerals and vitamins are crucial to good health. As I am sure you know, research is being carried out all the time and there have been studies that have been done that indicate that apples can reduce some cancer risks. A few of the cancers that apples may help evade are breast, liver, lung and colon cancers. That fact alone should be enough to make sure men and women are eating at least one apple a day.
And now you know why people tell you that you ought to eat an apple every day. One thing you should recognize is that we only discussed a handful of the benefits of eating apples. You’ll be able to locate many more benefits for your health when it comes to apples. So do yourself a favor and pick up some apples the next time you go to the store. You will see that your overall health could greatly be benefited by eating apples.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. You can have french onion soup using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make French Onion Soup:
- Use 5 large yellow onions, sliced
- Prepare 6 tablespoons salted butter
- Provide 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Use 2 tablespoons worchestershire sauce
- Take 2 cans (48 oz) each) beef broth, or 1 of chicken and 1 of beef
- Prepare 1 tablespoon pepper (or to taste)
- Provide 1 tablespoon salt (or to taste)
- You need 1 bay leaf
- Get 1 tablespoon thyme
- Take 2 teaspoons granulated garlic, or 2 cloves minced
- You need 4-6 slices toasted plain french bread
- Take 4-6 slices provolone cheese
Steps to make French Onion Soup:
- In a Dutch oven, or another large pot, place the butter, olive oil and onions in, set heat to low
- Continue to stir, being careful not to burn the onions, this is a low and slow recipe…patience is KEY! Once the butter is melted, you can turn the heat up a tad to a lower medium. This process takes about 1 and a half hours.
- Once onions have reached caramelization, add all other ingredients and bring up to a simmer for 30 minutes
- Remove bay leaf, Ladle into soup cups, leaving almost an inch from the top to place the toasted bread and the provolone cheese. Place under broiler to melt the cheese, until bubbly
If you find this French Onion Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.