Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Kandi's Cream of Lemon Chicken Soup (crockpot) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kandi's Cream of Lemon Chicken Soup (crockpot) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Healthy Fast Food.
Almost every single article about reducing your weight and getting healthy explains readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague and to carry out all of their own cooking. This is really very true. Once in a while, though, you definitely do not wish to make a whole meal for your family or even just for yourself. Sometimes almost all you really want is to go to the drive through and get home quickly. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be allowed to do this and not be tormented by guilt about slipping on your diet. You are capable of doing this because many of the popular joints are now promoting “healthy” menu alternatives to keep their businesses up. Here is the way to find appropriate food choices at the drive through.
Choose water, juice or maybe milk as a beverage. When you consume a large soft drink you are adding a whole bunch of empty calories to your day. Usually a single serving of soda pop should be eight ounces big. That serving typically contains at least a hundred calories and more than a few tablespoons of sugar. A fast food soda is almost always not less than twenty ounces. It is frequently at least 30 ounces. Choosing a soda pop as your drink raises your calorie ingestion by thousands and adds way too much sugar to your diet. It is much healthier to choose milk, juice and also regular water.
Common logic tells us that one sure way to get healthy and lose fat is to skip the drive through and to banish fast food restaurants from your thoughts. While, in most cases, this is a good strategy, if you make smart choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Often the thing you need most is just to have another person do the cooking. There isn’t any reason to feel bad about visiting the drive through when you make healthful decisions!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to kandi's cream of lemon chicken soup (crockpot) recipe. You can have kandi's cream of lemon chicken soup (crockpot) using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Kandi's Cream of Lemon Chicken Soup (crockpot):
- Take 1 large white onion (diced)
- Take 2 large carrots (diced)
- You need 3 large stalks of celery (diced)
- You need 4 cup water
- Take 2 lemons
- Provide 1 tbsp olive oil
- Get 1 lb chicken breast(s)
- Take 4 cup heavy cream (35% cooking cream)
- Get 4 tbsp heaping chicken soup base
- Prepare 4 tbsp heaping flour
- Take 4 large bay leaves intact
- Prepare 1 tbsp each basil, garlic powder, onion salt
Instructions to make Kandi's Cream of Lemon Chicken Soup (crockpot):
- Add chopped onion, carrots and celery with enough water to cover by an inch or two to crockpot (should be about 1/3rd of the size of your crockpot- adjust recipe accordingly to fit your crockpot)
- Turn crockpot on high and let cook for 3h or until boiling
- While veggies are cooking: take the 2 lemons, slice top off of each and gently squeeze juice into small dish (~2 tbsp worth) leaving lemons intact
- Slice lemons thick, pop seeds out using tip of a knife or a fork, place in ziplock bag in the fridge until later
- Cut chicken breasts into small cubes
- Put chicken, olive oil and lemon juice in large ziplock bag, shake, place in fridge (in a container to prevent leaking) until later
- Once the veggies are boiling (3h), fry chicken over medium heat until white, add to crockpot
- In a deep mixing bowl add the cream, chicken base, flour, using a hand blender mix until thick and frothy, add to crockpot
- Continue cooking on high for one hour or until desired thickness
- Reduce heat to low, add spices (basil, onion salt, garlic powder, bay leaves), continue cooking for another 30 mins
- Add lemon slices (they'll float on top) continue cooking on low for another 30-45mins, turn off crockpot, remove lemon slices using a slotted spoon (if you leave them longer they will begin to leave a bitter taste to the soup and the lemon taste will overpower the soup)
- Serve with fresh cracked black pepper (no salt should be needed due to the chicken base), enjoy!
If you find this Kandi's Cream of Lemon Chicken Soup (crockpot) recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.