Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mike's, "Sick Day," Chicken Noodle Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's, "Sick Day," Chicken Noodle Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Apples Can Certainly Have Massive Advantages For Your Health.
On TV plus in magazines absolutely everyone is telling you to eat an apple a day, even so, have you ever asked yourself why? You may know individuals that live by this and also require that their children live by this guideline as well. This concept is known all over the world and individuals just take it as fact without knowing if this is really true. In this post we are going to be looking at apples to see if they really are a food that will help to keep you healthy.
I am sure you have heard of Cornell University, well these people did their own study on how apples may benefit a persons brain. This study showed that the ingredients in apples are able to help keep your brain cells from deteriorating as we age. Meaning that by eating apples it is possible to minimize the risk of getting Alzheimer’s.
I am hoping I have revealed some information that defined why apples are so healthy for you. In this post we just discussed some of the benefits of eating an apple a day. All of the benefits would take us to much time to include in this write-up, however the information is out there. I hope that the the very next time you go to the food store you wind up getting plenty of apples. These apples could lead to helping you to live a longer and healthier life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's, "sick day," chicken noodle soup recipe. You can have mike's, "sick day," chicken noodle soup using 26 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Mike's, "Sick Day," Chicken Noodle Soup:
- Take ● For The Chicken Noodle Soup
- Prepare 4 box (32 oz) Chicken Broth [with sodium- reserve 1]
- Take 3 large Chicken Breasts [de-thawed & fat trimmed]
- Get 1 small White Onion [quartered]
- You need 2 tsp Dried Italian Seasoning
- Get 1 tsp Chicken Bouillon
- Prepare 1⁄2 tsp Sea Salt
- Prepare 1⁄4 tsp Celery Salt
- Get 1 tsp White Pepper
- Get 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- Prepare 1 tbsp Dried Parsley
- You need 1⁄2 tsp Dried Rosemary
- Use 1⁄2 tsp Dried Thyme
- Prepare 3 small Bay Leaves
- Take 2 cup Baby Carrots [halved]
- Provide 1 small Splash Olive Oil
- Get 2 cup Celery [chopped with leaves]
- Provide 1 (12 oz) Bag Wide Egg Noodles
- Take ● For The Optional Ingredients
- Get 1 cup Fresh Mushrooms
- You need 1⁄2 cup Fresh Basil
- Provide 1⁄3 Cooking Sherry
- Prepare 3⁄4 Heavy Cream
- Prepare Optional Sides
- Prepare 1 box Croutons
- You need 1 loaf French Bread
Instructions to make Mike's, "Sick Day," Chicken Noodle Soup:
- Author's Note: Keep chicken separated from other kitchen items and ingredients until boil to avoid any risk of cross-contamination.
- Also, dark chicken meat with the bone in [like that of chicken thighs, etc,.] make for a more flavorful soup. Just pull meat from the bone once they're fully cooked. I used chicken breasts since that's what I had on hand.
- Add everything together in a large pot except for your celery, carrots, noodles, 1 of your 4 boxes chicken broth and anything from the, "Optional Ingredients," category.
- Turn on high and boil for 35 minutes.
- Pull cooked breasts, quartered onions and Bay Leaves from broth. Discard onions and Bay Leaves. * Make certain your breasts are fully cooked and not pink in the middle. If they are, boil longer.
- Place celery and carrots into broth and boil for 15 minutes.
- Add egg noodles to your boiling broth. Boil 8 minutes longer, [or as per your noodle manufacturers recommendations] stirring regularly. There's no need for oil or salt even if recommended by the manufacturer. They're both already in your broth.
- Add shredded chicken. Also, add your reserved box of chicken broth if some or most of your original broth has dissipated. Boil 5 more minutes longer.
- If you find even more fluid is required, especially after refrigerating, just add tap water. There's plenty enough chicken flavor in this soup to add it and not alter the taste.
- Authors Note: You can add croutons to the side or crisp your bread in the oven if anyone's suffering from a scratchy throat.
- Serve soup in a bowl with a handle so it can be eaten while in bed. Also, serve with any absorbent bread of your choosing. Enjoy!
If you find this Mike's, "Sick Day," Chicken Noodle Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.