Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Edikang Ikong soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Edikang Ikong soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Edikang Ikong soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Healthful Fast Food.
Just about every article you read about restoring your health or slimming down is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. There’s some value to this. But at times the last thing you wish to do is prepare a whole supper for yourself and your family. Once in a while you need to pay a visit to the drive through while you are on your way home and complete the day. There is no reason that you simply shouldn’t be able to do that once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. You can do this because most of the popular joints are now marketing “healthy” menu alternatives to keep their businesses up. Here is how you can eat healthy when you hit the drive through.
Your drink should be water or juice or milk. Choosing a huge soda as your beverage gives hundreds of unhealthy calories to your meal. A solitary helping of soda is commonly thought to be eight ounces. Those eight ounces usually are at least 100 calories and about ten tablespoons of sugar. Most fast food soft drinks are no less than twenty ounces big. It is most often at least 30 ounces. This means that just purchasing a soft drink will add cupfulls of sugar and thousands of empty calories to your diet. It is much healthier to choose milk, juice or perhaps regular water.
Logic says that one of the best ways to stay balanced is to bypass the drive through and never eat fast food. Most of the time this is a good idea but if you make great choices, there’s no reason you can’t visit your drive through once in a while. At times what you require most is just to have somebody else do the cooking. When you want healthful menu items, you do not have to feel guilty about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to edikang ikong soup recipe. To cook edikang ikong soup you need 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Edikang Ikong soup:
- You need Beef
- Get Pumpkin leaves (ugu)
- Provide Waterleaf
- You need Palm oil
- Take Stockfish
- Get Dry fish (deboned)
- You need Ponmo
- Take Crayfish
- Provide Fresh pepper
- Take cube Seasoning
- You need Onions (optional)
Steps to make Edikang Ikong soup:
- Wash vegetables properly to remove sand and grit. Slice thinly and set aside in a colander separately for water to drip.
- Wash meat, ponmo, dry fish and stock fish. Dice the ponmo to desired size. In a pot combine all with salt and seasoning cube, onions and little water. Allow to cook till tender
- Add pepper and ground crayfish to the boiling stock and correct seasoning if needed. Cover pot and allow stock to boil till almost dry. Quarter cup left.
- Add waterleaf to the remainder of stock and meats. Add Palm oil to the waterleaf. DO NOT stir! Cover pot and allow the waterleaf steam until it has reduced in size. 5-10mins
- Add in the pumpkin leaves (ugu) and then stir everything in pot. You may add sliced onions as a last step. Cover pot and leave for 30 secs.
- Your waterless and tasty edikang ikong soup is ready.
If you find this Edikang Ikong soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.