Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Potato, Leek, Lentil, Pancetta Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato, Leek, Lentil, Pancetta Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Deciding on Healthy Fast Food.
Just about every single article you read about restoring your health or slimming down is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. There’s some worth to this. But sometimes the last thing you would like to do is put together a whole supper for yourself and your family. Once in a while you only want to visit the drive through when you are on your way home and end the day. Why shouldn’t you have the ability to do this every so often and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet? You are capable of doing this because many of the popular joints are now advertising “healthy” menu alternatives to keep their businesses up. Here is how to eat healthy when you visit the drive through.
Go for the side dishes. It wasn’t that long ago that all you could get at the fast food diner was French Fries. Now many of the fast food menus have been widened a great deal. Now you can find a range of salads. You could get chili. You could possibly get baked potatoes. You could get fruit. There are plenty of healthy options that do not include putting something deep fried into your body. Instead of the pre-determined “meal deals” make an effort to build a meal from side dishes. When you do this you are able to keep your fat content as well as your calorie counts low.
Logic states that that one of the best ways to stay balanced is to avoid the drive through and never eat fast food. Most of the time this is a good plan but if you make great choices, there’s no reason you can’t visit your drive through once in a while. Occasionally, allowing someone else cook dinner is just what you need. If you ultimately choose healthy products, the guilt usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to potato, leek, lentil, pancetta soup recipe. You can have potato, leek, lentil, pancetta soup using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Potato, Leek, Lentil, Pancetta Soup:
- You need 6 good size Potatoes, diced
- You need 4 Leeks cleaned well. Slice down the middle and cut into thin half moon slices
- Prepare 1 chunk of Pancetta (I used “hot”)
- Prepare 1 clove Garlic
- Get 1⁄2 cup Orange Lentils (Dry)
- Provide 2 Onions coarsely chopped
- Provide 4 cups Vegetable Stock (or chicken)
- Prepare 3 cups Water
- Take Salt to taste (You can add pepper)
- Prepare 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Provide handful Chives and dry Parsley
Instructions to make Potato, Leek, Lentil, Pancetta Soup:
- In a soup pot, heat Oil. Sauté the Pancetta for 5 minutes. Add Onions and Garlic. Sauté for 10 minutes. Stirring often. Add Leeks. Sauté all together for another 10 minutes (or until you think it looks married and ready). Add Potatoes, Lentils and Stock. Bring to a boil. Once it has a rolling boil going, lower to simmer. Simmer for approx 2 hours. Taste for saltiness. If the Pancetta didn’t salt it enough, add Salt to taste.
- Top with Parsley and Chives before serving. My husband added a couple teaspoons of plain Greek Yogurt to his soup bowl to cream it up. You can also top it with grated Parmigiana Cheese to add more of a salty taste. We ate this with oven heated crusty Italian bread 🥖🍲
If you find this Potato, Leek, Lentil, Pancetta Soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.