Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Homemade Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Homemade Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Deciding on Healthy and balanced Fast Food.
Just about every article you read about restoring your health or losing weight is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. There’s some worth to this. But sometimes the last thing you would like to do is prepare a whole dinner for yourself and your family. Once in a while you just want to check out the drive through while you’re on your way home and complete the day. There is simply no reason that you shouldn’t be able to do that once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. This is because most popular fast food restaurants out there are trying to “healthy up” their choices. Here is how one can find appropriate food choices at the drive through.
Aim at the side dishes. Not so long ago, the only side dish item at a fast food restaurant was French fries. Today the vast majority of the most popular fast food franchises have enhanced their offerings. There are many salads out there now. You might get chili. Baked potatoes may also be ordered. Fruit is usually offered. There are lots of healthy options that do not include putting something deep fried into your body. Instead of the pre-determined “meal deals” aim to build a meal out of side dishes. When you are doing this you are able to keep your fat content as well as your calorie counts low.
Fundamental reason states that the proper way to lose fat and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet altogether. While, in most cases, this is a good strategy, if you make intelligent choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Sometimes the thing you need is to let another person make your dinner. There isn’t any reason to feel bad about going to the drive through when you make healthy decisions!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to homemade cream of chicken & mushroom soup recipe. To make homemade cream of chicken & mushroom soup you need 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Homemade Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup:
- Provide 3 Tbsp. Butter
- Take 1⁄4 cup flour
- You need 1⁄2 cup milk, half-and half, OR heavy cream
- Provide 1 cup cooked chicken, minced
- You need 1 can (14 oz.) chicken broth
- Take 1⁄4 cup chopped mushrooms
- Take Pinch dried Thyme (optional)
Steps to make Homemade Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup:
- You can successfully make this soup in less than 10 minutes from pantry items and a couple refrigerated stables… Start by melting 3 tablespoons butter over a medium heat. Once melted sprinkle with 1⁄4 cup flour and whisk until smooth. This is going to be a roux not a gravy, so take it easy with measuring the flour, no heaping or packing here.
- Once the flour has absorbed the butter add the milk. Whisk, whisk, whisk. Once the roux thickens add the chicken broth, and you guessed it, whisk.
- Now because everything else we are adding is cooked and just needs to be brought up to temperature turn the heat to medium-low. Add the minced chicken (this can be canned, rotisserie, leftover, white meat, dark meat, chicken you cooked just because you wanted to make soup… Chicken). Then add the chopped mushrooms. I like using the ugly little canned mushrooms for this soup because it keeps soup prep to less than ten minutes. Stir! You thought I was going to say whisk didn't you….
- I dished my little ones first then added Thyme for my bowl. I hope you enjoy!
If you find this Homemade Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.