Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mike's Traditional Old Sober Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Traditional Old Sober Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Deciding on Wholesome Fast Food.
Just about any article you read about restoring your health or losing weight is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. This is literally very true. Occasionally, though, the last thing you choose is to have to make a meal from scratch. Sometimes you just wish to reach the drive through along the way home and call it a day. Why shouldn’t you have the ability to do this every so often and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet? This is possible because an abundance of the popular fast food places are attempting to make their menus better now. Here’s how you’ll be able to eat healthfully when you’re at a fast food restaurant.
Aim toward the side dishes. Not that long ago, the sole side dish item offered by a fast food restaurant was French fries. Today almost all of the most popular fast food franchises have increased their offerings. There are many salads out there today. You may also select Chili. You might get baked potatoes. You could get fruit. There are many healthy options that do not include things like putting something deep fried into your body. When you get your meal through a drive through window, opt for side dishes instead of just grabbing something premade. When you are doing this you may keep your fat content and also calorie counts low.
Basic sense states that the simplest way to lose fat and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet entirely. Most of the time this is a good idea but if you make good choices, there’s no reason you can’t visit your drive through from time to time. Sometimes what you need is to let someone else create your dinner. When you choose healthful menu items, you do not have to feel bad about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's traditional old sober soup recipe. To make mike's traditional old sober soup you only need 24 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Mike's Traditional Old Sober Soup:
- You need ● Old Sober Soup Ingredients
- Prepare 4 lb Beef Chuck Tender Roast [cut in 1⁄2" cubes]
- Provide 4 box (32 oz) Beef Broth [reserve 1 box more if needed]
- You need 1 box Thick Spaghetti Noodles
- You need 1⁄3 cup Fresh Chives [chopped + reserves]
- Prepare 1 tbsp Cracked Black Pepper
- Prepare 3 tsp Louisiana Hot Sauce [no substitutions]
- Take 2 tbsp Fresh Garlic
- You need 1 tsp Granulated Onion Powder
- Use 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Take 1 tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- Get 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- Use 1 tsp Oregano
- Provide 1 tbsp Dried Parsley
- Prepare 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- You need ● For The Sides, Garnishments & Equipment
- Take 8 Boiled Eggs [halved]
- Prepare 1 cup Sliced Fresh Chives
- Get as needed Worcestershire Sauce
- Use as needed Louisiana Hot Sauce
- Use as needed Soy Sauce
- Provide as needed Ketchup
- Take 4 Large Styrofoam Cups
- Use 8 Chopsticks
Steps to make Mike's Traditional Old Sober Soup:
- ● Chop beef chuck or prime rib into 1" bite sized cubes [trim any fat] and chop your chives. - - ● I typically use my leftover prime rib and any leftover Au Jus from holiday meals. [look for my Mike's EZ Prime Rib recipe] - - ● So, know there will be additional herbs and spices in this prime rib version. It will also take less time to cook until meat is melt in your mouth tender. - - ● If you have any leftover prime rib bones, throw those in your pot as well. There's a lot of fat and flavor in those suckers! - - https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/341086-mikes-ez-prime-rib
- ● Place all ingredients - except for 1 of your 4 boxes of broth, your noodles and anything listed as sides/garnishments - in a large pot. - - ● Simmer covered for 2 hours or, until meat is melt in your mouth tender, if using raw chuck. - ● After 2 hours, I'll add some additional crispy chive ends for soup body and texture.
- ● Boil your eggs. Using older eggs [they're much easier to peel] bring your eggs and water to a rapid boil. - - ● Once at a full boil, turn off heat and allow eggs to sit with lid on for 18 minutes.
- Arrest the cooking process by placing your eggs in an ice bath immediately.
- ● In a seperate pot, bring 1⁄2 of your broth and water as needed, 1 tsp salt and a small splash of oil to a boil. - ● Place noodles in your simmering pot and boil al dente [important step as you'll be simmering your noodles again for 2 minutes in your original broth] - as per manufactures directions. - - ● Usually about 9 to 10 minutes.
- Drain your noodles. Do not rinse.
- ● Taste test your broth at this point and see if you'd like to add additional hot sauce, pepper, garlic, soy sauce or Cajun Seasoning. - - ● Immediately add noodles to your original beef pot for 2 minutes on a heavy boil to absorb your fullest broth flavors. - ● Serve in styrofoam cups [if on the go] with sliced eggs, fresh chives and a splash of each garnishment listed, if desired.
- For the record, let it be said that I don't quite get the Ketchup garnishment part of this recipe but, to each his own!
- Old Sober with Udon Noodles. Enjoy!
If you find this Mike's Traditional Old Sober Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.