Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Broccoli blue cheese soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Broccoli blue cheese soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Broccoli blue cheese soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Healthy Fast Food.
Almost every single article about weight loss and getting healthy tells readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague and that they need to do all of their own cooking. This is really very true. But at times the last thing you wish to do is make a whole meal for yourself and your family. Sometimes all you really want is to go to the drive through and get home quickly. Why shouldn’t you be capable of do this every so often and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet regime? You are capable of doing this because many of the popular joints are now advertising “healthy” menu options to keep their businesses up. Here’s how it’s possible to eat healthfully when you’re at a fast food spot.
Visit a drive through at a place which has made it a practice to supply healthier options to people. For instance, Arby’s won’t provide hamburgers. Instead, a person’s selections include things like roast beef and chicken sandwiches, wraps and big salads. Wendy’s, not surprisingly, is known for its square burgers, nevertheless the menu there has a bundle of healthy choices like salad, potatoes and chili. Most fast food eating places usually do not stoop to the harmful lows seen at McDonalds.
Logic states that that one the simplest way to stay balanced is to bypass the drive through and never eat fast food. Most of the time this is a good idea but if you make good choices, there’s no reason you can’t visit your drive through now and then. Once in a while, allowing someone else cook dinner is just what you require. There isn’t any reason to feel guilty about visiting the drive through when you make healthy and balanced decisions!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to broccoli blue cheese soup recipe. To make broccoli blue cheese soup you only need 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Broccoli blue cheese soup:
- Take Ingredients
- Get 2 cube (or tsp) chicken stock
- You need 1⁄2 pinch ground cumin
- Use 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- You need 1 pinch cajun seasoning or cayenne pepper
- Provide 2 tbsp wheat flour
- Use 2 tbsp corn flour
- Provide 60 grams blue cheese
- Use 1⁄2 carrot or parsnip
- Use 30 grams butter
- Use 150 ml heavy cream
- Use 4 cup hot water
- Provide 1 head Broccoli (or 2)
- Take 1⁄2 cup dried potato flakes
Steps to make Broccoli blue cheese soup:
- Wash and Cut the broccoli head and carrot or parsnip finely
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan and add the carrot finely chopped until butter begins to Brown
- Add finely chopped broccoli head and 2 cups water. I like to cut the outer 'skin' off the stalk and add the soft part off the stalk finely chopped also, but leave it out if you want. Feed the scraps to your rabbit if you have one.
- Add a generous amount of pepper and the chicken stock. add the wheat flour
- Bring to boil for 10 minutes and use a potato masher to mush things up a bit. This step determines the texture of your soup so leave it boiling longer for a thicker smooth soup our shorter for a crunchy thinner soup.
- Add the rest of water and corn flour, add spices and reduce heat.
- Once it's on a gentle simmer to avoid splitting, add cream and blue cheese.
- Add remaining seasoning and potato flakes. Taste the soup to see if anything is missing for your preferences.
- This should easily feed 2 hungry people. Double the recipe for left-overs to freeze or have up to 2 days later (the taste will get stronger).
- Hopefully your wonderful wife is just pulling the flatbread out of the oven about now (mine sure was). Serve and enjoy
If you find this Broccoli blue cheese soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.