Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Sig's Mixed Onion and Tomato Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sig's Mixed Onion and Tomato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sig's Mixed Onion and Tomato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Fine For You.
Just about every article you read about restoring your health or slimming down is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. This is really very true. But at times the last thing you wish to do is make a whole supper for yourself and your family. Sometimes you just want to hit the drive through en route to your home and call it a day. There is zero reason that you simply shouldn’t be able to do this once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. You are able to do this because lots of the popular joints are now marketing “healthy” menu selections to keep their businesses up. Here’s how it is possible to eat healthfully when you are at a fast food restaurant.
Select water, juice or milk as a drink. Drinking a large soft drink forces hundreds of empty calories into your diet. A solitary serving of soda is normally thought to be eight ounces. That serving may contain many spoonfuls of sugar as well as at least a hundred calories. Most fast food fizzy drinks are a minimum of twenty ounces big. Thirty ounces, however, is a lot more common. Choosing a soda pop as your drink raises your calorie ingestion by thousands and adds way too much sugar to your diet. Water, fruit juice and milk, on the other hand, are better choices.
Traditional logic tells us that one sure way to get healthy and lose weight is to skip the drive through and to banish fast food restaurants from your thoughts. While, for the most part, this is a good strategy, if you make sensible choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Occasionally, letting someone else cook dinner is just what you require. There isn’t any reason to feel bad about visiting the drive through when you make healthy decisions!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sig's mixed onion and tomato soup recipe. To make sig's mixed onion and tomato soup you need 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Sig's Mixed Onion and Tomato Soup:
- Prepare 3 small to medium white onions
- Provide 3 small to medium red onions
- Provide 3 large shallots
- You need 6 small salad potatoes in their skins
- Get 1⁄2 tbsp unsalted butter
- You need 1⁄2 tbsp olive oil
- You need 1⁄2 tsp all purpose seasoning or to liking
- You need 2 tsp German mild mustard or 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Take 1 pinch herbs each like parsley, coriander, dill, chervil or others to personal preference ( optional)
- Take 1 liter vegetable stock or a little less or more depending on preference
- Prepare 125 ml passata (Italian style tomato juice)
- You need 2 tbsp of best tomato puree
- Take 250 grams marinated tofu or 2 German style sausages (bratwurst)very thinly sliced, or little, mini sausage meatballs
- Take 1 pinch Chili flakes
- Prepare 1 pinch salt (optional)
- Provide 1 pinch chives for garnish
- You need 6 tbsp fresh cream or double cream for garnish ( optional)
Steps to make Sig's Mixed Onion and Tomato Soup:
- First peel all the onions and wash the potatoes
- Mince the onions in a blender or hand chop them very finely, chop your unpeeled potatoes into very small cubes
- Sauté the onions and the potatoes for about ten minutes or so in the butter and olive oil , add all the seasonings and half of the stock, simmer for about 15 minutes , make sure that it not burns .add a little more stock if needed.
- Next puree the soup until it is smoother , add as little or as much of the rest of the stock until preferred thickness is achieved. Puree again until it is smooth as you like it
- Add the passata, tomato puree and chilli flakes , season with salt if needed.
- Sauté the tofu or fry the sausages or little mini sausage meatballs in a little oil. If using the sausages slice them very thinly , sprinkle any of them over the soup just before serving. Add some chives for garnish .
If you find this Sig's Mixed Onion and Tomato Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.