Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Black Bean Soup with Creamy Avocado recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Black Bean Soup with Creamy Avocado recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Deciding on Healthy Fast Food.
Almost every single “get healthy” and “weight loss” article you read will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is actually good guidance. But sometimes the last thing you want to do is make a whole meal for yourself and your family. Sometimes you just would like to go to the drive through en route to your home and call it a day. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be allowed to do this and not be tormented by shame about slipping on your diet. This is because many of the famous fast food restaurants on the market are trying to “healthy up” their choices. Here is the way to eat healthy when you hit the drive through.
Focus on the sides. Not that long ago, the only side dish item at a fast food restaurant was French fries. Now many of the fast food choices have been widened considerably. There are many salads available today. You could also select Chili. You could possibly get baked potatoes. Fruit is usually obtainable. There are a lot of options that you can choose that do not force you to consume foods that have been deep fried. Instead of the pre-determined “meal deals” try to build a meal out of side dishes. When you choose to do this you may keep your fat content and calorie counts low.
Logic claims that one the simplest way to stay healthy is to avoid the drive through and never eat fast food. While, usually, this is a good plan, if you make sensible choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Once in a while, allowing someone else cook dinner is just what you need. When you choose wholesome menu items, you do not have to feel terrible about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to black bean soup with creamy avocado recipe. You can cook black bean soup with creamy avocado using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Black Bean Soup with Creamy Avocado:
- Prepare [Beans]
- Use 150 g Black beans, dry & uncooked
- You need 1⁄2 large Onion
- Provide 2 cloves Garlic
- Take 2 tsp Ground cumin
- Prepare 1 tsp Ground coriander
- Take 1⁄4 tsp Red chili or cayenne, optional
- Use [Avocado Topping]
- Get 1 Avocado
- Take 1⁄2 Lime or lemon
- Prepare 1 Tbsp Yogurt
- You need 1⁄4 tsp Salt
- Provide 1⁄4 medium Tomato, diced
- Provide Fresh cilantro to garnish
Steps to make Black Bean Soup with Creamy Avocado:
- Soak over night. Drain soaking water and refill with enough fresh water to cover the beans about 1 inch/3 cm. Bring to boil and scoop off the foam that rises. Stop heat and prepare onions and garlic.
- Finely chop garlic and onion. Mix together cumin, coriander and red chili/cayenne pepper.
- In a separate pot from the beans, heat olive oil and saute onions until softened.
- Add garlic and saute for another 1-2 minutes. Next add the cumin spice mix and mix well with onions for another minute or so. Add a little more oil if it becomes too dry.
- Pour in the black beans along with the water you cooked it in. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cover your pot with a lid.
- Simmer for 60-90 minutes until beans soft. Stir the beans occasionally and add a little more water during cooking if needed. You want the soup to be nice and thick in the end, so once the beans start to get soft, remove the lid and boil off excess water until the soup thickens.
- To prepare the avocado topping, halve and scoop out the avocado into a bowl. Roughly mash with a fork.
- Juice the lime or lemon. Add juice, salt and yogurt to the avocado and mix well. Adjust salt to taste. Also feel free to add more or less yogurt depending on how creamy you want the topping.
- When you like the taste, mix in diced tomatoes.
- Serve black bean soup into bowls and top with the avocado yogurt topping :) Garnish with fresh cilantro if you have some!
If you find this Black Bean Soup with Creamy Avocado recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.