Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Apples Could Certainly Have Huge Advantages To Improve Your Health.
On TV plus in magazines everyone is telling you to eat an apple a day, however, have you ever asked yourself why? You might know people that live by this and also request that their children live by this guideline as well. This specific thought can be found in country’s all around the world and men and women follow it as gospel with out ever discovering why they should eat an apple a day. In our research we have learned why you are told to eat an apple a day and we’ll be discussing that with you here.
Cornell University performed a study on the impact apples have on the mind. These studies indicated that the ingredients in apples have the ability to help keep your brain cells from deteriorating with age. And naturally thanks to this element in apples, they can actually reduce Alzheimer’s symptoms.
To conclude, I guess an apple a day definitely can keep the doctor away and now you recognize why. The one thing you should understand is that we only discussed some of the benefits of eating apples. You’ll be able to find many more benefits regarding your health in relation to apples. When you go shopping again, be sure to pick up some apples, their in the produce section. It can truly help your overall health for short term as well as for the long haul.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. To make french onion soup you need 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook French Onion Soup:
- Get 4 Tbsp butter
- Get 4 Tbsp olive oil
- Prepare 7 cups sliced onions (about 7 medium onions)
- Get 3 Tbsp flour
- You need 8 cups beef broth (I use 8 cups water and 8 packets beef bovril)
- Provide 1 clove garlic sliced
- Use 1 tsp sugar
- Get 1 cup dry white wine
- Prepare 1 stick French bread sliced into 1⁄2 or 3⁄4 inch thick pieces
- Take Swiss gruyere or mozzarella cheese (thinly sliced or grated)
Instructions to make French Onion Soup:
- Melt butter in large sauce pan then add 2 Tbsp olive oil.
- Stir in onions, garlic and sugar.
- Cook uncovered over low to medium heat, stirring occasionally for 20 to 30 minutes or until onions are golden brown.
- Sprinkle flour over onions and cook for another 1 or 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add beef stock and wine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered for another 30 to 40 minutes.
- While the soup simmers, prepare the bread.
- Brush bread slices lightly with remaining olive oil on both sides and put on pan in 350 degree oven. Lightly toast each side (turn part way).
- Ladle soup into individual oven proof bowls and top with 2 or 3 slices of French bread followed by the cheese.
- Put oven proof bowls on a baking pan and bake in 350 degree for 10 to 20 minutes until cheese is melted.
If you find this French Onion Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.