Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Onugbu (bitterleaf) soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Onugbu (bitterleaf) soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Precisely Why Are Apples So Beneficial With Regard To Your Health.
I am certain you’ve heard that you ought to be eating an apple a day but did you ever ask yourself why this is actually important? You might know individuals that live by this and also require that their children live by this principle as well. You will even find that people in other country’s also stick to this simple rule and they do not know why. In this post we are going to be examining apples to see if they really are a food that will help to keep you healthy.
So what can all these vitamins and minerals do for the particular health of your system. Well to start with there have been quite a few studies done that report that eating apples can reduce the chance of various cancers. Some of the cancers that apples can help evade are breast, liver, lung and colon cancers. That point by itself should be enough to make sure people are eating at least one apple a day.
I am hoping I have revealed some information that revealed why apples are so good for you. The benefits we covered are only a couple of of the benefits that eating apples can offer. Should you look and ask around, you’ll come to see that the benefits can seem limitless. When you go shopping again, be sure to buy quite a few apples, their in the produce isle. You will find that your overall health can tremendously be benefited by consuming apples.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to onugbu (bitterleaf) soup recipe. You can have onugbu (bitterleaf) soup using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Onugbu (bitterleaf) soup:
- Take Chicken laps
- Take Pomo, dry fish & stockfish
- Prepare Washed and squeezed bitterleaf
- Provide Thickener (coco yam preferably)
- Take 3 cooking spoons Red Palm Oil
- Provide Pepper, salt and ground crayfish (to taste)
- Prepare cubes stock
- Take 1 teaspoon Ogiri Igbo (traditional seasoning)
Steps to make Onugbu (bitterleaf) soup:
- Boil the pomo, stock fish and dry fish till properly done
- Wash the chicken and add to the pot of pomo and fish and continue cooking. When the meat is done, add 3 cubes of Maggi/Knorr and cook for 5 minutes.
- Check if bitterleaf is still too bitter, if it is, pls parboil to wash off bitterness.
- Add pepper, ground crayfish, bitter leaves and cook for 10 minutes. Then add the cocoyam paste (in small lumps) and the palm oil
- Cover the pot and leave to cook on high heat till all the cocoyam lumps have dissolved. You can add more water if you feel that the soup is too thick.
- Add salt to taste and the soup is ready. Serve with eba, semo or any other swallowables
If you find this Onugbu (bitterleaf) soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.