Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Southwest-style chicken soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Southwest-style chicken soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Deciding on Wholesome Fast Food.
Almost every single “get healthy” and “weight loss” posting you read will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is really good guidance. Sometimes, though, the last thing you want is to have to prepare an evening meal from scratch. Sometimes you just wish to go to the drive through along the way home and call it a day. Why shouldn’t you have the ability to do this from time to time and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet regime? This may be possible because lots of the popular fast food destinations are trying to make their menus healthier now. Here’s how you’ll be able to eat healthfully when you are at a fast food restaurant.
Visit a drive through at a place that has made it a practice to offer healthier options to people. Arby’s for instance, is void of burgers. Instead, a person’s options include roast beef and chicken sandwiches, wraps and big salads. While Wendy’s has made hamburgers for decades, additionally they have quite a few other healthy options like salads, baked potatoes and chili. Not all fast food locations are as unhealthy as McDonalds with its deep fried every little thing.
Fundamental sense states that the simplest way to lose weight and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet entirely. Most of the time this is a good idea but if you make great choices, there’s no reason you can’t visit your drive through from time to time. Sometimes the best thing is to let other people make your dinner. When you select healthy menu items, you do not have to feel terrible about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to southwest-style chicken soup recipe. You can have southwest-style chicken soup using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Southwest-style chicken soup:
- Get 2 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
- You need 1 tbsp dried oregano
- Prepare 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- You need 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Get 1 tbsp chili powder
- You need 2 tsp ground cumin
- Prepare 1 tsp smoked paprika
- You need 1⁄4 tsp cayenne powder
- Get 1⁄4 tsp chipotle powder
- Provide 1-28 oz can diced tomatoes, including juice
- You need 4 cups chicken broth
- Provide 1-14 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Use 1 cup sweet corn kernels
- Prepare Garnishes
- Take Cilantro, chopped
- Prepare Jalapeno pepper, chopped
- Provide Avocado, sliced
- Use Sour cream or Greek yogurt
- You need Lime wedges
- Provide Tortillas, crisped
- Provide Cheddar cheese, grated
Steps to make Southwest-style chicken soup:
- Slice the chicken breasts into 1⁄2 cm strips. In a bowl, toss the chicken with the oregano, a good pinch of salt, several grinds of black pepper, and a glug of olive oil.
- Put a large nonstick pan on medium-high heat. Add the chicken and fry until no pink remains, about 3 minutes.
- Add the onion and garlic. Continue frying until the chicken and onion are browned and caramelized, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle on the spices. Toss to coat, then fry 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, chicken broth, and black beans. Turn the heat down to medium and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the corn and simmer 1 more minute. Adjust the seasoning as required. Serve hot, with garnishes on the side.
If you find this Southwest-style chicken soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.