Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Potato Soup (Yummy - w/Low Fat Options) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Potato Soup (Yummy - w/Low Fat Options) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato Soup (Yummy - w/Low Fat Options) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Why Are Apples So Beneficial For Your Health.
I am certain you’ve heard that you ought to be eating an apple a day but did you ever ask yourself why this is important? Many individuals have lived with this viewpoint for many years, and they additionally pass this on to their children. You will even find that men and women in other country’s also stick to this simple rule and they do not know why. In this post we are going to be taking a look at apples to see if they really are a food that will help to keep you healthy.
While everyone knows that eating plenty of fruits and vegetables is a great way to make certain your body gets all the nutrition it needs, how come apples pushed so much? The very first thing you should understand is that apples have got more vitamins and minerals when compared with some other fruits.. A few of the major minerals that you’ll find in apples are potassium, calcium, phosphorus, manganese, iron, sodium, copper and zinc, along with other trace minerals. Naturally vitamins are in addition very important for your overall health and you will find vitamin B1, niacin, vitamin B6 and many more that promote well being.
In conclusion, I guess an apple a day really can keep the doctor away and now you know why. In this article we just discussed some of the benefits of eating an apple a day. All the benefits would take us too long to include in this article, but the information is out there. I hope that the next time you go to the grocery store you wind up getting plenty of apples. These apples can certainly wind up helping you to live a longer and also healthier life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to potato soup (yummy - w/low fat options) recipe. To cook potato soup (yummy - w/low fat options) you only need 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Potato Soup (Yummy - w/Low Fat Options):
- Prepare Chunky Soups
- Prepare 12 small red potatoes, cubed small
- Get 1 onion, diced
- Get 3 celery stalks, diced
- Provide 4 cup water
- Get 2 can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Take 1⁄2 tsp salt - or more to taste
- Prepare 1 pinch of celery salt
- You need 1⁄2 tsp cajun seasoning
- Prepare 1 pinch of rosemary
- Use 1 ground red and black pepper - to taste
- You need 1 cup milk
- Provide 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- Provide 1 tsp chopped parsley
- Use 8 slice bacon, diced
- Prepare 1 cheese, shredded
- Provide 1 corn tortilla chips, crumbled
Steps to make Potato Soup (Yummy - w/Low Fat Options):
- In a large stock pot, cook bacon until crisp. (Bacon is used as a garnish)
- Remove bacon and remove and discard half of the fat from the pot. Add onions and celery to pot (with remaining bacon fat) and saute for 2 mins. - FOR A LOWER FAT VERSION, AFTER BACON IS COOKED, DISCARD ALL FAT AND SAUTE USING OLIVE OIL.
- Add potatoes to the pot (I like to keep the skin on). Cook for 5 mins.
- Add seasoning
- Add water
- Add Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup (or your favorite condensed creamy soup). Stir and cook until potatoes begin to soften, about 8 - 10 mins. - FOR A LOWER FAT VERSION, USE 98%FAT FREE CAMPBELL'S CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP.
- In a separate bowl, mix milk and flour until smooth. Add milk mixture (slowly while stirring) into pot. Cook for 5 mins. - FOR A LOWER FAT VERSION, USE NON-FAT MILK.
- Remove half of the ingredients from the pot, and blend in a blender untill smooth. Return the blended ingredients to the pot and mix with the chunky ingredients (this keeps texture in your soup).
- Add parsley. Simmer, stir, and taste. YUM!
- When serving, garnish with cheese, bacon, and/or tortilla chips (optional but adds more texture, crunch, and flavor). - FOR A LOWER FAT VERSION, OMIT BACON OR SUBTITUTE WITH TURKEY BACON, OMIT CHEESE, AND USE FAT FREE TORTILLA CHIPS.
If you find this Potato Soup (Yummy - w/Low Fat Options) recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.