Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sig's Celeriac Soup with Leeks and Stilton Cheese recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sig's Celeriac Soup with Leeks and Stilton Cheese recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Healthful Fast Food.
Almost every “get healthy” and “weight loss” article you go through will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. There’s some benefit to this. But at times the last thing you wish to do is prepare a whole dinner for yourself and your family. Once in a while you just want to pay a visit to the drive through when you are on your way home and finish the day. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be allowed to do this and not be tormented by guilt about slipping on your diet. This can be done because lots of the popular fast food places are attempting to make their menus healthier now. Here is how you can find appropriate food choices at the drive through.
Your drink ought to be water or juice or milk. Choosing a large softdrink as your beverage gives hundreds of harmful calories to your meal. One helping of pop is eight ounces. That portion could contain numerous spoonfuls of sugar in addition to at least a hundred calories. Most fast food soft drinks are at least twenty ounces large. Usually, however, they’re 30 ounces. This ensures that just purchasing a soft drink will add cupfulls of sugar and thousands of empty calories to your diet. Milk, fruit juices as well as plain water are more healthy options.
Logic says that one the simplest way to stay healthy is to bypass the drive through and never eat fast food. While this is usually recommended all you need to do is make a couple of good decisions and traveling to the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Every now and then, permitting someone else cook dinner is just what you need. If you choose healthy items, the shame usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sig's celeriac soup with leeks and stilton cheese recipe. You can have sig's celeriac soup with leeks and stilton cheese using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Sig's Celeriac Soup with Leeks and Stilton Cheese:
- You need head of celeriac (root vegetable)
- You need leek
- Use spring onions
- Get Stilton or other blue cheese
- Provide vegetable stock cube
- Provide fenugreek (powder) optional
- Prepare garlic salt
- Get good sprinkle of dried tarragon
- Provide butter
- Take lemon (juice only) plus 1 tablespoon extra
- Take evaporated milk
- Prepare salt or to taste
- Get or so drops of Maggi liquid seasoning ( I use the hot spicy one) or use 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
Instructions to make Sig's Celeriac Soup with Leeks and Stilton Cheese:
- Peel the celeriac and chop into small shanks. Set a few very small pieces aside for garnish.
- Put the bigger pieces in a pot with the finely chopped leeks and spring onions. Cover just with water. Add a colander or sieve over this but not letting it touch the water.
- Now drop the smaller celeriac pieces into 1⁄4 of the lemon juice and rub it into the celeriac. Remove and put into the sieve over the other vegetables in the water bring to boil thus cooking the leeks , bigger chunky celeriac and spring onions and steaming the smaller celeriac pieces at the same time.
- When the smaller pieces are almost cooked remove and set aside in another 1⁄4 of lemon juice.
- Add all other ingredients except the 1 extra tablespoon of lemon juice and the cheese to vegetables in the pot.
- Simmer for five minutes
- Puree the soup, add more water to reach consistency you prefer ,add the cheese and ensure it I melted
- Gently fry the smaller pieces of celeriac until they just caramelise do not fry brown or they go bitter
- Finally season to taste with rest of lemon juice, cayenne pepper and salt if needed and arrange the smaller pieces of celeriac sprinkled with some of the green from the spring onions.
If you find this Sig's Celeriac Soup with Leeks and Stilton Cheese recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.